Going Plaid... Model X Plaid!

Discussion in 'Model X' started by FloridaSun, Mar 24, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

On 2/26/2022, I ordered a Model X Plaid.. Long wait ahead of me.. Placed my order before the $12500 price increase..
    Can't wait to get it..

bwilson4web likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

You are moving a long way from that Kona. Are you keeping the current Tesla?

4. FloridaSun

The Kona was my gateway EV to see if an EV works for me.. The Model Y was a progression to have an EV that has more space for the family faster charging and a better charging Network. After I took a drive with a friends Model S Plaid, I got hooked on the acceleration. Model X also has 3 rows of seats which is even better..
    I will not keep the Model Y. Will list it for sale this May or June to get the best price possible.. Tesla lowballs on trade ins, so I won't be trading it in. I will keep the Model X Plaid until I'll get my tri or quad motor Cybertruck.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
  5. Your real estate business must be going well for you. Good on you...

And I am about to go EV-less with selling my Kona EV (getting $5K more than I paid for it 3 years ago). But I have two EVs on pre-order so then will become a two EV household.

bwilson4web likes this.
  6. FloridaSun

Rentals are all rented out.. No major repairs.. They create more than enough extra income to pay for the Plaid.. We have been an all EV household since May 2020.. Wife still has the BMW i3.. Offered her to buy her an Ioniq 5 or Model 3 SR+ but she decided to stay with her i3.. If she doesn't want my money, I spend it on myself.

R P likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

She is a 'keeper' as is mine and her 2014 BMW i3-REx.

Bob Wilson

9. FloridaSun

She likes the compact size. Easy to park.. easy to get through traffic.. plenty of power.. I get it but I would prefer that she had a larger, longer range EV so that I don't have to put most of the miles we drive as a family on my Tesla..