GMC Hummer EV Edition 1 has 329-mile range "confirmed"

Discussion in 'Hummer EV' started by Domenick, Nov 23, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GMC just had a call with the media and said that the launch edition -- the Edition 1 -- has a confirmed 329 miles of range. We're not sure if that is the EPA range, but GM has been pretty good with its range estimates in the past.

They also mentioned that future versions, probably on smaller than 35-inch tires that this has, will have even more range.

They also said that most of the orders are for the very top-of-the-line model, which is significant because it's already an expensive vehicle.

Thay have 125,000 hand raisers so far (with a bunch of new ones coming in last week after the grand opening of Factory Zero where it is being made) and although they said they expect to convert most of those to orders, they said right now the conversion to actual orders is at just under 50%.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx New Member

I'm curious how many orders they've actually initiated. I have a reservation for the Edition 1, but I haven't been asked to configure or convert my reservation yet. 50% of zero is still zero.

*Edit: I just checked my e-mail and they sent me something at exactly 1pm to verify it.

Domenick likes this.
  4. Awesome! Keep us up to speed if you can. Very curious how this process works as far as timing goes.

5. Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx New Member

Fine print from the e-mail:
    I reached out to the salesguy at my dealer but he hasn't gotten back with me yet.

6. Impressive, but EVs like this are for the rich elite, who have money to burn. Not very affordable or practical for ordinary folk, who would like to go off-road, but can only afford an ICE vehicle to do so.

7. To remove this ad click here.