GM Electric Hummer

Discussion in 'General' started by 101101, Oct 21, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

The styling is good.
    The concept is good.
    There aren't really any styling flaws.
    The interior is good- but too many switches.
    --------------
    The price is too high.
    The range is too low.
    It is very late to market.

On being late to market they don't even have a prototype yet and the are coming in late 2021 with a compliance volume price point which won't even have the extract mode ready for another 6 months. They wouldn't hit volume likely until late 2024 or 2025 when I think their electric Silverado is set to arrive.

GM will be bankrupt by 2024 because they won't be able to get through 2023 and the fall off of their ICE vehicles.

To bottom line it their top line Super Truck will launch against a Cyber Truck that is $43K less but it will have less range, not be as tough, not be as off road capable, not charge as quick and have less in the way of important special features and looks like it won't be as quick and based on omissions looks like it will have a lower towing capacity and a lower hauling capacity and it won't reach volume fast enough. It will help undermine GM ICE by signaling to GM buyers electric has arrived and they will then save 43K and get the better Cybertruck.

Anna_St likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

I took a nap and didn't waste the time. The nicely produced video reminded me that I would prefer a "Badger." Each one comes with a 'Trevor Milton' robot head telling the owner how great it is.

Bob Wilson

ps. I'm not really in the market for a pickup truck regardless of who makes it.

4. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

One of my favorite subject specific youtubers "Todd the Cybertruck Truck Guy" was inundated with responses in his reaction video to the Electric Hummer reveal that we're like "but Todd we don't see how GM ever gets to volume production because they are going bankrupt..." Todd tried to resist. He said things like bankruptcy doesn't mean they out of business its a debt relief get out of free card for American automakers. He was presuming I think they'd be able to use their employees as human schields like usual. But they wouldn't back down and they brought up Tony Seba. Todd was still resistant saying they have enough money to get to production (true for a token compliance initial specialized run in late 2021.) He will surely look back and see they really don't. He was also saying he is familiar with Tony's work but for whatever was missing something critical. He kept saying well people will still need ICE and mining won't be up to snuff (relying on Nikola promoter Sean Mitchell's work- Mitchell is fully discredited in my mind- integrity issue if you pushed Nikola but I saw that even before- not hard to recognize a spinner.) But what Todd is missing is in 2023 people just won't be interested in new ICE any more than they will be intetested in new Blackberries and will repair the ICE they have or buy old ICE or a Tesla. What they won't do is buy new ICE or the compliance EVs from a legacy ICE maker and their cash will be lower and their debt higher and they won't make it through even a year with only 25% because only people forced to buy new ICE were in the market. He also doesn't under stand that Ford and GM aren't getting bailed out again or even acquired- they don't have assets worth acquiring. There is no reason Ford and GM tm need to continue to exist. They can be liquidated and the government can retire their assets. Tesla can take their marketshare. VW will still be around after its bankruptcy but it won't be making ICE- there will be no market for it.

Anna_St likes this.