Get 'em while you can

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by CR EV, Feb 5, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. CR EV

CR EV Active Member

Hyundai/Kia has shut down a number of plants in Korea. They get critical parts from Wuhan, center of the corona virus outbreak. Guessing that this is going to result in low inventories and, my guess, create more incentive for dealers to jack up prices...

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. TheHellYouSay

TheHellYouSay Member

I'm a little concerned in general about the novel coronavirus. It could be the thing that triggers a stock market bubble since it seems to be stupidly overvalued at this point (says the man who continues to roll the dice...).

4. I heard a story about this today. US plants are not impacted as much because of longer transit times in their supply chains. There are parts still coming in from before the Lunar New Year shutdown, and somehwhat more diverse supply chains, but even if you are only getting one part from China, you still can't put the car together without it! We will see how this plays out over the coming weeks.

I saw an article today that concluded the same thing I did over a week ago; that since deaths lag diagnosis by 1-2 weeks, the mortality rate could be a lot higher than 2%...or a lot lower because of undiagnosed low symptom cases that get well on their own. I tend to trust the epidemiologists on this.

the rate of case growth levels the past day, so that could be because the medical institutions in the hard hit areas are at maximum diagnosis capacity OR maybe something has changed. I have been checking this page about twice day. The log plots are interesting.
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Unless it does not transmit as well in warmer temperatures, the globe will be awash in it in about 60-90 days.