Fuse Diagram Request

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by SKnight25, Oct 29, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SKnight25

SKnight25 New Member

Hello, does anyone have a copy of the fuse diagram for the SE that's inside the glove box? I'm trying to hardwire a dash cam, but the diagram sheet is missing when I opened the fuse box. Thanks!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

4. insightman

No fuse chart diagram in my SE, either.

Do you have the PDF version of the MINI Cooper SE Owners Manual?

The fuse section in that manual directs you to www.mini.com/fusecard. That website wants your S/N to select the correct fuse diagram for your car. For easier access, I stuck the fuse diagram PDF for my S/N on my website. Scroll down in the PDF file to get to the "electrical vehicle" diagrams.

Note, however, the PDF filename, UKL1-PHEV_0320.pdf has "PHEV," not "BEV" in its name. Perhaps the PHEV Countryman and the BEV SE have the same fuse box, but I'd expect them to be different. Please let us know if the diagram matches what you see as you're peering deep into the back of your glove box.

MichaelC and Toi like this.
  5. SKnight25

SKnight25 New Member

Thanks for the info. I went to that page and popped in my VIN and got the exact same pdf file. I'll take a look at it more closely before I take on my project this weekend.

I think the screen cap you provided might be for another fuse box inside the engine bay. The box in the upper half's has fuse numbers that correlate to the printed fuse identifier in my glove box. I'll investigate some more and report back

upload_2020-10-29_17-21-16.png

6. insightman

Yes, I deleted my incorrect post when I realized I selected the wrong diagram from the PDF file. Here's what I should have posted, which is the diagram you posted with the addition of the photo I took of the fuse panel. There are many differences.

[​IMG]

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SKnight25

SKnight25 New Member

OK, I have now completed installing my dashcam. I can now say for sure that the fuse diagram that Mini provided is in fact for the hybrid and not the SE.

I hardwired to fuse number 65 since the diagram for both the regular F56 and PHEV labels this as the cigarette lighter. I used a multimeter to ensure that this is a switched fuse. I sat in the car to wait for everything to power down. If anyone is wondering, after about 3 minutes of no activity the ambient lighting turns off. If you keep your glove box open, at around the 13 minute mark is when you'll see the glove box light go off and an audible click signaling things turned off. That's when I measured the fuse and saw that power is now off at this point.

I installed a blackvue 750S 2 channel camera. I wanted to utilize parking mode, but didn't want to run the battery dead like it did in my Civic so I also installed the blackvue B124X battery. It charges this battery when the car is on and then the battery powers the dashcam when the car is off. It has an app, so I confirmed it is working properly after I finished installing. While the car is on, I can see the battery is charging. After locking the car and approximately 13 minutes later, I can see in the app that the battery is discharging (strictly powering the dashcam).

Then I noticed something yesterday that I found interesting. When I am charging the SE, the blackvue battery is also charging the entire time. As in, the blackvue battery never shows itself as discharging at all. Does anyone know why that would be? Could it be that while the car is plugged in, that same electricity is now powering other parts of the car as well?

CsD, GvilleGuy and Puppethead like this.
  9. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Doh! Deleted the post. Descriptions would still be nice though.

insightman likes this.
  10. Thanks SKnight25 for doing the leg work for the dashcam install, this is my project for today I previously looked at the fuse diagram and came up with fuses 62-64 as possible power supplies. Looking at insightman's picture 64 looks to be spare did you check that as a supply?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  11. I realized I had the sub min bayonet type fuse so I had to rethink my install. I went for fuse 52 not sure what the symbol is maybe park assist on the Mini provided diagram it powers down when you turn off, I only want to record when I am in drive ready function.

20210206_114026.jpg

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. polyphonic

Did you pull fuse #38? (labeled with a speaker icon) and what did it disable?

14. No I did not pull fuse 38 I changed my fuse strategy I ended up using a spare slot 53 instead of sharing an existing circuit I will attach a picture explaining my logic there.

polyphonic likes this.
  15. fusebox1.jpg

quietlyspinach likes this.
  16. polyphonic

Thanks! I thought that might have been the startup sound or seat belt warnings (it's only labeled with a loudspeaker, along with 56 which is the pedestrian sound). The fuse chart says we should have a 5A fuse at 38, but mine was also empty.

17. quietlyspinach

quietlyspinach Active Member

Thanks for posting all this great info! I'm looking into purchasing a dashcam with a hardware kit for enabling parking mode.

Can you explain a little more about the 4 white boxes that enclose the 4 groups of fuses on your diagram. Which set is on for "Drive-ready state", and which ones are on all the time?

18. Sure, from messing around with a voltmeter I found the fuses are grouped depending on the cars stage of operation various functions such as, unlocked, start switch on, drive mode selected. I wanted my Dash cam to function when I pressed the start/stop switch, I used a spare slot at fuse 53, now my camera comes on with the start toggle and goes off when I toggle off twice or lock the doors. I hope that helps with your install working from memory the group on the far right are power fuses

quietlyspinach likes this.
  19. quietlyspinach

Thanks again for your help! Looking at the fuse box photo - it appears there are a mix of use types. It looks like some, like #53 are "Mini ATO" and the others, like the far right ones are normal ATO types. It appears I may to buy two different sizes of fuse taps in order to attach to both an always-on slot and a switched slot.

20. I guess from the way technology is advancing wireless dash cams would be the way to go, if you clever with the installation you could switch them on and off in a kind of guardian mode using the phone app piggy back off the climate control fuse, I will think about that option.

21. KerryK

KerryK New Member

Has anyone any idea how to access the bottom fuses (97-108 and 121-132) in the fuse box behind the glove box on the Mini Countryman PHEV? The access hatch is simply not big enough to get to those fuses, and I have blown the one for the rear power socket.

22. J.Dubs

J.Dubs Member

Where are you all pulling your ground from?

23. quietlyspinach

5 minutes 32 mins into this video, he shows pulling off a trim panel between the door and glove box. Back there are several bolts which can be used for ground. I used the bottom one.

Puppethead and J.Dubs like this.