Fully Charged Live in Austin

Discussion in 'General' started by Mark Richards, Jul 30, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

If you are going to Fully Charged, how do you plan to get there?

1. Driving my EV, of course

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Flying

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Driving my ICE car

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I live in Austin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm gonna take the bus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mark Richards

Mark Richards Member

Hi all,

I am planning to go to Fully Charged Live in austin in april. Already bought my tickets.

The question is to drive my EV or not. I have concerns about how many people will be going and what will happen to the chargers. I don't want to be like a tesla driver on holiday in california, and turn up to find I am 57th in line.

I hope by then I will be driving a Hyundia Ioniq 5. I was thinking I'd leave Denver on wednesday, arrive into Austin thursday (a day early to avoid some of the rush).

Curious what thoughts others have on this? AM I worrying too much about chargers being busy ? (maybe it would just be a great chance to talk to other EV owners, right?)

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Before going to a conference, I need to see the schedule of events and presentations. I am not in the market for a replacement EV so driving to a 'sales' event is not attractive. In contrast, technical forums about EVSE, OK. From my old DECUS days, an open mike, about 'lessons learned' could be amusing.

If going, my first goal is a motel with free overnight charging for a Tesla followed by optional J1772. Then route to/from will do a maximum range, SuperCharger hop to Austin.

Bob Wilson

4. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

In some ways it would be interesting, but that's a long drive for someone who is not yet retired.

5. Mark Richards

Mark Richards Member

I'm taking a week off work!

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk