Free electrons

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by Bookbear, Jul 13, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Bookbear

Bookbear Member

Most have already seen this (I just got the email from Hyundai today): but one thing caught my eye/ear... 2 years of free high speed DC charging at Electrify America for Ioniq 5's. Interesting. My '21 Kona EV came with 250 free kWh of charging with EA.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. That was announced a few weeks ago, but it's very good news indeed. Note that it's limited to 30 minute sessions, but if you can find one of their 350kw chargers the thing can charge to 100% (if you really wanted) in around that time, and the standard 80% in under 20. Not that I travel often, but I'd almost want to go a bit out of my way to save the extra few $$ when it would be convenient to do so.

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Imagine the frustration of exiting the e-way, driving past the EVgo charging station at that exit, continuing past the ChargePoint charging station 5 miles down the road, and getting to the Electrify America charging station 10 miles from your exit only to find a line of Ioniq 5s waiting to charge for free. At least you would have a group of like-minded conversationalists to help you pass the time waiting for your turn to charge.

5. pucksave

pucksave Member

I assume that you are imagining 2025.

insightman likes this.