Ford unveils the Lightning Pro model today

Discussion in 'F-150 Lightning' started by RLXXI, May 24, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

Fastnf, electriceddy and Domenick like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I personally prefer the 12" screen, much nicer integration compared to the 15.5" screen. (image from Ars Technica article.)

[​IMG]

RLXXI, Fastnf and miatadan like this.
  4. This should be the volume trim. It's got the low price tag that, with incentives and a super-low maintenance costs, makes this a no-brainer for commercial fleets.
    And speaking of maintenance, I was talking with the Ford folks and the first scheduled maintenance is a motor check at 150,000, and then a cooling fluids flush and change at 200,000 miles.
    Of course, the bigger difference for most buyers interested in this trim is that its only available at a Ford Commercial Vehicle Center. But, there are over 650 of them and If I understood correctly, they're all going to sell and service electric vehicles.

Oh, below is a screenshot I snapped during the Ford+ Market Day presentation and I thought it was interesting to see what kind of infor would be available to fleet managers and owners.
    Ford-Plus-slide-27.jpg

RLXXI and electriceddy like this.
  5. Sounds awesome, great incentive for commercial/business purposes, even I could afford those maintenance costs:)

Domenick likes this.
  6. I'm sure there are some wear items that need replacing as well -- brake pads (but fewer), cabin filter, etc -- but a lot fewer and a lot less down time, which is extremely important for fleets.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

Interesting, there's only 2 Ford dealers in my area they let me choose from when I put in my reservation, Bohn Ford which sells everything Ford makes automobile wise and Crescent Ford Trucks which is whom I selected. The only thing they sell is trucks from F150 all the way up to the biggest truck Ford makes. Definitely a commercial vehicle center.

I wouldn't consider Bohn Ford a commercial vehicle dealer.

9. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

Tires as well.

Domenick likes this.
  10. Plugging in New Orleans to the Ford Commercial Fleet Services website, I see Crescent Ford Trucks and Lamarque Ford as your closest options. Banner Ford in Mandeville is also a commercial site.

11. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

Crescent and Bohn were the only two offered when I put my reservation down.

Bohn are crooks, Banner is too far away, Lamarque is always overpriced, I knew Crescent was an all truck dealer so they get the deal when it comes time. :cool:

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    Domenick likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. That's great info for potential buyers in the New Orleans area. Thanks for sharing.