Fold flat seats for sleeping?

Discussion in 'Rivian' started by Wanderer_duplicate, Jul 20, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Wanderer_duplicate

Wanderer_duplicate New Member

I have heard that the R1S will have fold flat seats for hauling stuff etc. Does anyone know if they might fold flat with the soft side up so people could sleep in the back while wearing a seat belt when the vehicle is moving? This would be a nice feature for the back seat of the R1T as well, especially after cars get to Level 4 autonomy you could sleep comfortably all night while the car drives to your destination.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. EyeOnEVs

EyeOnEVs New Member

I have read the seats indeed fold down flat in the R1S, though I've read nothing about the seatbelts being functional in that configuration. Not sure how that would even work. Does that feature even exist today in other vehicles?

4. Wanderer_duplicate

Wanderer_duplicate New Member

That is a good question, as far as I know it does not exist in any vehicles today. I just think it would be a great feature to have in a vehicle with autonomous driving. I love the truck for the kitchen and the SUV for the design, versatility and potentially sleeping in on trips. I have a bucket list item which is to visit all the national parks and it would be great if we could drive during the night and take turns getting real restful sleep and arrive at a park rested and ready to begin the adventure instead of totally exhausted. Since I have only been to 2 out of 62 National Parks so far, it is going to take a while and I thought this might be a way to help achieve my goal. The seats appear pretty flat in their design, I was hoping that maybe it could slide out flat like a futon does.