Fisker ads?

Discussion in 'Fisker' started by bwilson4web, Dec 27, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Looking like this:
    upload_2022-12-27_7-55-53.png

Why now? It looks like they really aren't making any yet I can't seem to escape them.

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Well-Known Member

Where are you seeing these ads? I've never seen one.

4. bwilson4web

I suspect my viewing pattern of Tesla and EV videos is used to target me.

Bob Wilson

5. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Well-Known Member

I looked at the website and they want you to reserve one but mum's the word as to when it will be available

6. bwilson4web

Source: https://fiskerati.com/fisker-ocean/first-experience-of-fisker-ocean-by-out-of-spec-reviews/

Today, Kyle from Out of Spec Reviews shared a test drive of the Fisker Ocean. In a super rare, last minute opportunity he gives us a first look review from the Las Vegas pop-up location. In the nearly 30 minute video, he gets his first experience of driving a pre-production Fisker Ocean. The Fisker Ocean tested was in Big Sur Blue, with MaliBlu interior, and 22″ F5 AirGlider wheels. Kyle test drives the vehicle, gets a first look at the user-interface, and gives his final thoughts on his first Fisker Ocean experience.
    . . .

I have history with seeing a Fisker product: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisker_Karma

In 2010, a bunch of Prius advocates visited the Detroit Autoshow which included a Fisher booth with the Karma. Fisher claimed to have a pedestrian warning sound and I wanted to hear it. So I asked the attractive booth worker if they could make it sound and in her pretty French-Canadian accent I heard her say, "Oh the synthetic w h o r e ?"

Seeing my perplexed expression, the supervisor clarified she said "Synthetic roar," their fake engine sound.

Regardless, I realized Fisker was into image which meant engineering performance should be suspect. If you have good engineering, you share that ... not some fake noise from either the vehicle or sales critter. IMHO, what I first heard was correct. and bias my opinion. Seeing the premature, YouTube ads confirms my bias.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I remember that first Fisker Karma--it was in the basement of Detroit's Cobo Hall, not on the main floor with the mainstream cars. Long and low--they were making claims of 100 mpg. At the time I was driving my 2nd gen-1 Honda Insight. That tiny all-aluminum hybrid car could achieve 100 mpg--at 18 mph. I'm amazed every time Fisker comes back from the abyss. Will the Ocean finally set them floating?

upload_2023-1-10_21-22-57.png

Domenick and bwilson4web like this.
  9. bwilson4web

Apparently Fisker has just one YouTube ad that they play as frequently as possible. It isn't a very good ad either.

Bob Wilson