First week ownership questions

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JCEV, Jul 21, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JCEV

JCEV Active Member

First statement..... the most underrated car sold in 2018. The car is built better than most German luxury cars in materials, build and sound deadening.

next:

1. What is that speaker grill middle of dash? I know we have 8 speakers 2 on each door, would this be for the upgrade 450 watt system in the fuel cell version? I was expecting worse sound quality based on the comments but its passable.
    2. Did anyone read these complaints? https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2018/HONDA/CLARITY%252520PLUG-IN%252520HYBRID . Most seem like user misunderstanding or known issues except a few.
    3. How did you get the glue off the car? Just wash it? does it get it all off or should i try something else? I know it comes fully wrapped from Japan.

Thanks,

still so very impressed with this car.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you on your first statement. This car is as well built, quiet, comfortable, and spacious as any gasmobile AND it’s a PHEV! The best of both worlds.

1 PHEV manual does not reference that center grill so your speculation seems reasonable.
    2 I read all 16 and two of then are mine (weak headlights and inflated HV Range). I think those and the multiple warnings ones are the only truely meaningful complaints. Obviously the one where the car had no pickup after depleting the battery and leaving the car on to make it even more depleted, is user error;not car’s fault.
    3 When I waxed the car after taking it home, I noticed a bunch of very small bumps of what I think was the adhesive from the protective film. They came off easily with a little careful fingernail use and soapy water (Don’t scratch that clear coat!).

BTW, the paint felt like it had no wax on it at all and was significantly smoother after waxing.
    I would suggest that the very first thing you do after purchase is to get a good cost of wax applied.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  4. KenG

KenG Member

Yeah... to all the people complaining instead of asking us( lol) they are bringing our resale down!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs