First month issues with my MME GT

Discussion in 'Mustang Mach-E' started by EV Enthusiast, Jun 2, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. EV Enthusiast

EV Enthusiast New Member

Picked up my MME GT from the dealer on May 2nd (after waiting 8 months) and noticed two issues. First, the kick motion sensor to open the hatch was not working. (Yes, I enabled the function in the menu). Second and more head-scratching was the fact that I was missing the Unbridled Extend mode which is standard on the GT. (the other three modes were there). The dealer first addressed the kick sensor by ordering a new one which did not fix the problem. Now they have ordered a new module and my service tech told me that it would have to be reprogrammed and hopefully will fix both issues as the module controls many functions of the car. I am starting to lose confidence in the dealership. I wonder if my MME GT is a casualty of the chip shortage and I received a car missing some chips. I did receive a warning disclaimer one time when I was checking the status of the delivery timeframe stating that some vehicles may be delivered without all their chips. If I did, Ford should have alerted me but I did not receive any communication to that end.
    Has anyone experienced the same problems? Any suggestions?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SThomas219

SThomas219 Active Member

I thought they weren't putting the kick motion sensor in due to lack of chips in the latest builds like you are guessing. Not sure if that would affect the Unbridled Extend mode. That sounds like a software issue.

4. EV Enthusiast

EV Enthusiast New Member

Update: The dealer replaced the kick sensor and the module controlling it which did not fix the problem. The service rep told me their tech would have to call Ford for the next step. When the tech called, Ford told him that the Kick motion program to open the hatch had been disabled for recent builds due to software issues. A future over-the-air update will enable this feature. I guess if Ford didn't alert their dealers with a service bulletin then why should I expect to be informed as well.... So sad.
    Second issue update: It turns out that the unbridled extend option on the GT doesn't populate on the menu if you have enabled "MY KEY" which disables this function. By deleting the MY KEY option in the menu AND making both keys "administrative" The unbridled mode is now populated in the menu as an option.

voxel likes this.