First electric car -> Hyundai kona electric?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Tuomas Sällinen, Oct 1, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Tuomas Sällinen

Tuomas Sällinen New Member

Hello guys,

I will buy my first electric car. I have see many electric cars, today I found Hyundai kona electric. What people thinks?

What is good to check if I buy kona electric?

I'm sorry, I didnt find any right topics :D

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. This is a place of kona lovers, so I guess you will find generally favourable comments. Not the cheapest EV on the market - and not the most expensive. If that price point is something you are comfortable with then it is, in my opinion, one of the best EVs out there. One way of working out whether it is right for you depends on your mileage pattern. Are you commuting to work? Do they have a charge point? Can you install a charge point at home?

electriceddy likes this.
  4. Ed C

Ed C Active Member

Asking for other people's opinion for a purchase is a mood point. You should buy a car based on your own personal needs, affordability and tastes. Every EV has its good and bad points. Do your own research and find the one that best fit you. Read topics on forums such as these to know the good and problems/issues that current owners of the vehicles have had.

5. A good entertaining and unbiased review can be found here, might be close to your location:

Some first impressions here from members on this forum:
    https://insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/my-new-kona-electric-and-my-first-impressions.4387/
    Many other topics as well;)

6. isaacknox

isaacknox New Member

Giving the amount of time that has passed since the initial post, I suppose that you've bought already an electric car. Therefore, give us an update on it, if possible.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. isaacknox

isaacknox New Member

The first and most obvious thing to consider when buying an electric car is what you'll use it for. I would advise you to compare battery efficiency when choosing an electric vehicle. You can do this by dividing the WLTP range by the usable capacity of the battery in kWh. The higher the figure the better. Having the comparison tool from https://cararac.com/comparison/ available could prove to be essential in making the best possible choice when buying your first electric car, so make sure you use it.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021