Even with current Tesla owners , Loyality no longer the same

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by miatadan, May 23, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I don't expect loyalty from the company, and I don't have loyalty for the company -- and that's true for just about any company. (I just left my bank after over 30 years as a CanadaTrust customer because they made it hellish getting a bridge loan.) So, I go where the products are what I want at the time. I expect to be treated properly as a customer, but I've come to realize that long-term customer status means no more than brand new customer status. If it looks like I'm loyal to the company, it's not because of loyalty, but because of the product and/or service they offer.
    In fact, with Tesla, I'm buying their car in spite of the company/Musk, rather than because of it/him (I'm waiting on my Model Y delivery)

4. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

That's not many responses compared to the number of vehicles sold. Plus, the problem you have with these web sites is that you can't see the whole picture. Consumer Reports is probably the best you can find and even they have problems.

If you are worried about the car falling apart, then buy a Chevy or Ford or buy an extended warranty. At least, there should be a local dealership to fix a Ford or Chevy. Plus, you may be able to do some minor repairs if you are handy with a set of tools.

The questions I have with anything outside of a Tesla are: the number of stations at fast charging locations , and whether or not these OEMs will do much if anything, with OTA updates, particularly if there is a dealership agreement that requires updates to be done at the dealership. I guess we will see what happens when VW releases their update this summer.

5. When I buy a car, it's based on that particular car, not being "loyal" to a company. I've bought from Honda, Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Land Rover, Toyota, Saturn, Chevy, Nissan, Mini, Tesla, and Volvo over the years. My next car may or may not be a Tesla.

Danhen likes this.
  6. Scrannel

Scrannel New Member

You have to remember, forum are a place for people to come and *****. Personally after two and half years I have only had one "experience" with the Tesla service center and it was flawless. Compared with legacy car dealers they are saints.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Danhen

Danhen Active Member

I have experienced it first hand.

My sister's barely out of warranty Model S needed a new main display screen, a well known and well documented problem. Knowing she had no alternative (Tesla will not provide service info and parts to third party repair shops), Tesla told her it would cost her an absurd $9100 in parts and labor, When she complained, all she could get out of Tesla was "that's what it costs, do you want us to proceed with the work?") Just as bad was that it took them 5 weeks to get all the needed parts.

Guess the lesson learned was she should have bought the extended warranty when she had the opportunity. But Tesla does not offer extended warrantees on the Y and the 3.

9. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

I wished the Nashville service center would have declared the rear glass crack a warranty repair … $1,200 later. But lessons learned. Tuition in the school of hard knocks.

Bob Wilson