EV discounts in MA going away soon

Discussion in 'General' started by Ray B, Jun 6, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Ray B

Ray B Active Member

Heads up... the Drive Green MOR-EV program in MA is going away July 1, 2019. Some of the discounts when added to the state and federal tax rebate/credit incentives make for some big deals. For example, Quirk is selling Chevy Bolts with a $12,700 discount plus the gov't incentives (final price = $19,545). Just a heads up for MA people who are considering an EV/PHEV that this program only has a few weeks left.

https://drivegreen.greenenergyconsumers.org/form_cars.php

BC-Doc likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. TheLight75

TheLight75 Active Member

I didn't see an announcement about the MOR-EV program going away on their website? I saw that as of 1/1/19, they were focusing on just BEV/FCEV vehicles. No skin off my back either way, I just filed for my MOR-EV rebate the other day. :)

4. manybees

manybees New Member

Where did you get this info? I don't see any announcement on the Mass MOR-EV web site anywhere.

5. TheLight75

TheLight75 Active Member

I called the MOR-EV office last week to ask about this as well. They said that the current program had been approved through 6/30/19 and the state hadn't voted yet to extend the program. They seemed to think that it would be extended, just that the powers that be hadn't gotten to it yet.

6. Ray B

Ray B Active Member

On the Mass MOR-EV website it now says:
    "The Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources is extending the Massachusetts Offers Rebates for Electric Vehicles (MOR-EV) program for the final time this June. The program is available for electric vehicle purchases made through September 30th, 2019."

https://mor-ev.org/

It sounds final, but you never know...

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Ray B

Ray B Active Member

Just a reminder that the MA tax incentives for electric cars will be expiring in a couple of days.

9. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

I sqeaked my application in just under the wire, including the Boston
    office people losing track of my packet and then trying to say it
    was "overdue" from me. They somehow magically found it and
    fast-tracked my approval, within mere minutes, once I sicced both
    the San Diego CSE headquarters *and* the DOER on them for
    obvious incompetence.

_H*

bwilson4web likes this.