Error icons

Discussion in 'Volkswagen' started by Rob N, Nov 25, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Rob N

Rob N New Member

I bought a ID.4 three weeks ago. All has been going pretty well until I charged at an Level 3 charger (Electrify America) at the Roseville Galleria in CA. The car charged fine, but on my way home I noticed a yellow error light. It what a triangle with an exclamation point in it. Also below that was a car icon with an exclaimation point in it. I continued to drive thinking I'd look this up once home. When I looked up the errors both said to stop the car and do not continue to drive. They indicated the battery may be overheated... I was a little flipped out. This was a Sunday and I was planning on taking a friend to the airport the following morning. I called my dealer, no service people were available. I called my sales rep, she didn't know what to do. I called Niello VW in Roseville and spoke to someone in sales. He looked up this forum and said someone with the same problem cleared the error by pressing the Start/Stop button on the right side of the steering column. I pressed it once and it didn't seem to change anything but I pressed it again and it cleared both errors. Then I started the car and it drove fine. I haven't had a problem since then... SO to clear an error, PRESS the START/STOP Button on the right side of the steering column!

Waa and SkyShotEV like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SkyShotEV

SkyShotEV Member

Personally I would prefer/appreciate a followup response from VW Mgt, service or tech gurus with additional insight. Software or functional you must be at cooler temps now what should be expectations if/when issue resurfaces during warmer times and/or climates? Particularly feedback on liability factor if error codes indicate or instruct owners to cease operation. Im am new to the EV technology so this is all IMHO tech/engineering perspective.

4. Waa

Waa New Member

I started with a Chevy Volt 2015 similar problems just getting home the first night. So, I had to read the complete book, form the back cover to the front (-; it's more like a technical study. Chevy Volt have a regen that is out of this world but who would know it was called Mountain Mode. If the car thought someone try to steal it the car would lockup. Let you open the door but not start stone dead. With your Flog comes a key stick it in a unmarked area pull it out not the car is reset and will start. I’m retired, Systems Computer Programmer best read the book and practice. Watch every Out of Spec on youtube and the other guys too.