Equinox Wishful Dreams

Discussion in 'Equinox EV' started by Xveedisnix, Feb 8, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Xveedisnix

Xveedisnix New Member

I am dreaming of purchasing an Equinox EV in the Spring of '24. It's a long shot that I will get financed.

GM is saying that the Equinox will cost "around $30K" so I am thinking that this is sneaky way of saying that it will cost about $33K.

I have $8,900 saved and I will be adding $600 to it every month for about another 17 months which will amount to around $19K, $17K for a down payment in the Summer of '24.

I have to find a way of overcoming my low SSA income of $1,212. Actually it will be a tad more due to the COLA.

My FICO score is 780. I have $23,000 of credit that stays below 5% utilization.

My bills are very low, my $245 rent is my main bill, the others are luxuries that I can easily cut, like $24 car wash subscription, and streaming services.

I calculated what I might have to pay for insurance and car note and it is less than the $600 that I have been saving every month.

I don't have a co-signer so I am trying to get large enough down payment to lower the amount of money that I will need to borrow in order to lower my DTI after the loan.

If anyone has "Nice" advice, please let me know. I am emotional so please don't say harshly worded things. I am allergic to sugar too so please just be respectful.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

If you can work, that's the answer. Otherwise, I don't see this as a good move.

4. Xveedisnix

Xveedisnix New Member

I cannot do that, I would have already bought an EV. There is one way that I can think of of which I don't really want to but I will if it gets there.

Keep saving until they say, "OK!".

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

If the Equinox EV actually costs less than $35K (including onerous dealer markups), you might find yourself in such a long queue that your current savings plan will have the vehicle paid for (or close to it) by the time yours arrives.

6. Cruiser

Cruiser New Member

If you're able to work, then that's the solution. Otherwise, I don't think this is a good decision

insightman likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.