Electric Tractor

Discussion in 'Other EVs' started by Puppethead, Mar 4, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

There's a fully electric (and autonomous!) tractor coming, the Monarch Tractor.

It's in the price range of a Tesla, and the specs aren't too bad for a small tractor. The 10+ hours of operation and Level 2 charging sounds pretty practical.

Fastnf and Domenick like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Love this, thanks for sharing.
    10 hours of operation is about as much time as I'd want to spend on a tractor in a day.

4. Puppethead

Hah! I don't think I could last that long. After about 3-4 hours on my 1957 diesel tractor (Fordson Dexta) I need a break for a couple of hours, due primarily to the vibration and noise. Probably an EV tractor would be smoother and of course quieter.

5. Puppethead

Another electric tractor company, Solectrac Electric Tractors. One point from the video is tractors need to be heavy, so the weight of the batteries is an advantage.

Domenick likes this.
  6. IanPage

IanPage New Member

An electric and autonomous tractor? That's pretty neat. And the fact that it's in the same price range as a Tesla is pretty interesting too. Plus, those specs like the 10+ hours of operation and Level 2 charging seem pretty practical.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. IanPage

IanPage New Member

By the way, if you're into machinery, you might wanna check out www.machinerydealer.co.uk. They've got a great selection of diggers and excavators.

9. S insideev c

S insideev c New Member

Wow! It looks so nice.

10. John wallet

John wallet New Member

Thank you for sharing. I was just looking for a new tractor.

11. Lektrons

Lektrons Active Member

I think electric tractors like the Monarch sound promising, especially with their eco-friendly aspect and long operation hours. The idea of having a tractor that can charge quickly and work all day is great for efficiency.

However, I recently bought a Kubota M5-091 from a trusted Kubota dealer, and I'm impressed with its reliability and performance for heavy-duty tasks. While the Monarch is innovative, I value the proven track record and power of my Kubota for tough farm work. It doesn’t have the eco perks of an electric tractor, but it meets my current needs perfectly.

12. To remove this ad click here.