Electric car subscription company Canoo, Just opened up free waitlist reservations. $500 a month and

Discussion in 'General' started by imthatguy, Jan 21, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. imthatguy

imthatguy New Member

Their New "Van" will be available next year on a $500 a month subscription that includes insurance and free charging but you can join the Waitlist Signup Here

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

I wish every new EV startup well*, but (Project) Better Place tried selling BEVs (with battery swapping) on a subscription system. Despite being well-funded, they went bankrupt within a few months.

I don't think that's a business model that's likely to succeed. Despite a lot of wishful thinking by a lot of people, cars are not cell phones. But hey, if Canoo can prove me wrong, then more power to them! :)

*That is, all real EV startups, not investor scam fake ones like Faraday Future and Atlis. Those just make it harder for real EV startups to get funding.

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

"Canoo is working on subscription-only vehicles that eschew personal ownership (an idea that a number of major automakers are also toying with, albeit on a limited basis)."

Ah, the EV1 business model.

Bob Wilson

5. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Well-Known Member

Call me a cynic
    For a vehicle launching in 2021, all they have is manufacturer simulations of a platform that has never been produced. 250 miles range charged 80% in 28 minutes (catch using a DC fast charger), one color with endless wraps (What on earth is that), 100% steer by wire (What?)

You can reserve a car, then jump the line by referring people and if you refer people you get rewards like a 3D printed model (of what?????) or design book (of what?????)? They cannot even tell you what you will get.

No names of funders or leaders except that an "ULRICH KRANZ" is "IN CHARGE AT CANOO". Is it too much to ask in charge of what?

Seems like a scam to get email addresses and contact details of people. No thank you sir, I am not getting on your wait list.

From their website

upload_2020-1-26_14-0-44.png
    * Vehicle specifications, including range and charge time, based on manufacturer simulations and EPA-estimated average range calculation methodology. Production vehicle specifications may differ.
    upload_2020-1-26_13-52-41.png