DTC codes from AP200

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by ajzwilli, Mar 5, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ajzwilli

ajzwilli New Member

I recently purchased an AP200 so I can get the battery capacity (still waiting for my beta firmware, fingers crossed).
    However, while I was messing around with the app while I was trying to get the the days for each item on the maintenance minder per this thread (still no luck, must be doing something wrong), I did a full scan and had the following Permanent DTC codes come up (thumbnail attached).

B296D (Body Electrical) - Electric Water Pump Communication Fail
    P2583 (Integrated driver support system) - Dust or dirt on the millimeter wave radar

Note - in my attempts to see if I could get the battery capacity via my existing OBD scanner with Torque / CarScanner Pro, a DTC scan from those apps indicated no DTC code - likely user error, but sharing FWIW

Should I be concerned and get this checked out before warranty expires? It does seem like I have had a few false positives on the forward collision sensors, but I (incorrectly?) assumed it was due to hills/curves in road. By false collision - getting the "Brake Warning", but once or twice it started applying the brakes.
    Should I mention the P2583 code I get to the dealer or just mention the false positives. I know each dealer will vary, and mine is in a smaller town, and don't have much experience with the Clarity (but these errors are not specific to a Clarity) as they always seem a bit surprised about it (a weird/surprised look or "oh yeah, a clarity") when I've brought it in for service.

If I mention the codes, I'll of course mention the water pump one.
    I'm sure I can ask them to do a scan, but they will likely charge a significant diagnostic fee.

Any advice is appreciated on how to handle!
    Screenshot_20210305-120834.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Screenshot_20210305-140111.png I've got a bunch of codes too (u0416, p2583, u0129, b2563). Also waiting on the enhanced software to read my battery condition

Once I start regularly driving the car in September again, I may go out to my dealer because my 12 volt battery no longer shows blue even after driving the car for an hour or two. If they give me a new one under warranty I'll take it otherwise I'm just going to go to Costco. Plan on bringing up all these codes with them at the time too, but suppose I'll also do a little bit of internet sleuthing.

The 2583, btw, I think is just a dirty Honda logo on the front of the car

4. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

I have always had a Body Electrical code (from the time I bought the AP200 in mid-2019).
    It is different than yours however...

My code is this:
    U0199 Permanent DTC - "Power seat control unit lost communication with door multiplex control unit (drlocksw frame).
    Since my power seat has always worked fine, this seemed unimportant.

It would be interesting to see if your P2583 goes away if you clean the RADAR / Logo on the front.

If a simple cleaning fixes the P2583, then you only have one left.
    I would ask the dealer about the other one to see their reaction... Not sure it is worth a special trip though.