Drivetrain noise at various speeds

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by blue_door, Jul 22, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. blue_door

blue_door Member

Hello,

So I have noticed what I can only describe as a groaning sound that is proportional to throttle (more throttle, more sound) at between 45-50 mph and again between 68-75mph. I can actually feel it also in the steering wheel at the same time. If you accelerate slowly through these speeds, the sound is diminished. I also noticed a similar sound on two other new Niro EVs I drove. These all have the 710 motor. This sound/vibration is very annoying. Anyone else noticing something similar? I have not tried the dealership yet, but with other Niros apparently experiencing the same I expect they will just say it's a characteristic of the car. Thoughts?

Thanks!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith Guest

I have this on my 2021. Right around 70-75 km/h it's a droning sound when accelerating. I can barely feel it in the steering, but it's there. I'll ask my dealer when its in for anything. I doubt anything will become of it.

Just passed 2000km on the odo.

4. blue_door

blue_door Member

So 70-75 km/h = 43-46 MPH and that's basically where I feel/hear the sound as well as at 68-75 MPH (110 - 120 km/h). I don't have any explanation for what it could be. Please report back if you get anymore information from your dealership.