Driver's door unresponsive to key fob

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Ray B, Dec 8, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Ray B

Ray B Active Member

An interesting problem today that had never happened before. It was about 28F and sunny, so a nice pre-winter day, and I noticed that when I triggered my driver's window to go down it went about 1/2 of the normal speed (it is normally pretty slow compared to other cars, but today it was especially slow).

Later I parked the car and had the walk-away auto lock trigger as it should but when I returned an hour or so later, the unlock would not trigger when I walked up and touched the handle. I tried it several times and no response. Then I dug the key fob out of my pocket and pressed the unlock button and heard the unlock click, but oddly only from the rear door which was unlocked but the driver's door was still locked. It wasn't frozen (there was no frost or anything that would have seized it up), but it just would not respond to the unlock button. So I went around to the passenger door which was unlocked so I went in and manually unlocked the driver's door and opened it (again it was not frozen). So I got in and tried it again with walk-away lock and unlock and it worked. So it was some weird transient glitch. The window went back to the normal speed as well.

Not sure what may have triggered the oddness. Seems to be completely back to normal...

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Daniel M W

Daniel M W Member

Something similar happened to me. Today is cold with temperatures reaching 12°F here in US Northeast. The walk-away lock stopped working so I have to manually close the car with the remote (it worked), and the beeps dissapeared, no matter if you double press the lock or unlock. (I reviewed the configuration everything was ok). Also the windows issue that you described is exactly the same in my car, they roll down really slow. I connected my OBD scanner and the battery voltage was above 12V, so I think that is not the issue. I'm trying later so see if the clarity was no happy with the cold.

4. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

Cold affects all current battery tech even the (probably getting old and weak by now) ones in the FOB's. A recent thread about weird auto-lock behavior was solved with a new battery.

FWIW