Drive Information Display

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Surlycat, Jan 12, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Surlycat

Surlycat Member

Kona EV 2022. Southern California.
    Question about the Drive Information display in the Instrument Cluster…
    There are 3 modes for the Drive Information display on the cluster panel. They get toggled through from the steering wheel.
    The first gives the info for the current drive trip: total miles-efficiency-drive time.
    The second gives info since the last recharge: total distance-avg efficiency-total drive time.
    The third gives accumulated info…total distance-avg lifetime efficiency- and….what is that total time-wise??? Doesn’t make sense. My reading is 68:37hr. Any way I try to make sense of that in relation to my accumulated amount of driving since getting the car doesn’t make sense. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Many thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. hieronymous

hieronymous Active Member

I suggest you stop thinking of the 3rd with respect to your total ownership period - it can be used for any number of consecutive driving sessions e.g. a weekend over-nighter to a favourite place, then reset.
    As for the time reading, it will max out at some value, say 99:59hr, then reset to 00:00. The odometer max is 9999 - you need to remember how many 10,000's to add to this...

electriceddy likes this.
  4. Total mileage so far... 8,885 km
    I purposely have not reset my accumulated info for 5,163.8 km.
    Average on that setting shows 157 Wh /km .
    Not bad eh? ... (Canadian term :))
    Seems about right, given all the temporary variables with each drive ( much higher with cold/wet snaps even snow:eek:), and am extremely pleased with those kind of #s.
    As far as the timer on that display, I never paid much attention, but it does read 3.5 hours right now...which leads me to believe it resets itself as @hieronymous mentioned above.

KiwiME likes this.
  5. You can reset the display by holding in the "OK" button on the steering wheel. The time shown is since the last reset. I reset mine once a month, that way I can work out my average speed for the month.

Surlycat likes this.