Do you Love your Bolt / Bolt EUV?

Discussion in 'Bolt EV' started by TonyInGA, Oct 4, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. TonyInGA

TonyInGA Member

According to this 10/1/2021 topic, https://amp.detroitnews.com/amp/5811394001 , Bolt owners "Love" their car.

Do you?

While I "Like" my 2020 Premiere (even though I'm having to take it in for the Rapid Ticking (either a Master Brake Cylinder & Push Rod issue, or a Software fix :rolleyes: ) from under the hood that started on Friday :mad: ), other than saving $ on fuel, and helping the Environment, I haven't found anything to "love" about it (though, the Regen Braking Paddle is close).

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. rgmichel

rgmichel Active Member

I had to look up "push-rod".... just kidding.... but the definition of a push-rod is "A push rod is a part of an internal combustion engine that rests in the top of a valve lifter and goes up into the rocker arm. As the lifter follows the cam lobe, the push rod actuates the rocker arm and moves the valve, opening and closing it to allow fuel and air in and exhaust out of the combustion chamber. This rod, being hollow, also channels oil up from the lifter and out of the rocker arm. This oil cools the valve spring as well as lubricates the rocker arm."

So, this BOLT EV that I have has a push-rod someplace that I don't know about?

However, I will answer the question... My Bolt EV is the best car I ever owned or drove.

TonyInGA likes this.
  4. TonyInGA

TonyInGA Member

5. Barter1

Barter1 New Member

Yes, I love my 2021 Bolt EV as it is one big thing I can do for our environment that my kids and grandkids will appreciate (Clean Air) once the EV revolution takes hold. I also like the way it drives and handles. I have had sports cars but they were all loud and as a senior I appreciate the sound of nothing but my own thoughts and my music.

We Bolt owners need to think back to the early 2000s and EVs were just a dream. Hybrids were kind of ugly, slow, and complicated technology. EVs are simple and fast and fun to drive. The hatchback Bolt design is great and the price was unbelievably low at $25,000 OTD (2021). The new 2022 Bolts look even better and the pricing is within the reach of so many more people. Tesla vehicles are also good but now most will cost over $45,000 with taxes. If GM can continue to mass-produce the Bolt and learn how to make the batteries better, improve DC fast charging speed, and be less expensive it will continue to sell and dominate the low price EV market. Tesla will eventually make a lower-cost vehicle but it will just be sold in China and we will all just wait for it to be exported to the USA. I would prefer for a vehicle made in the USA, not another China import.

Maybe in a 100 years, oil spills will be a thing of the past.

TonyInGA likes this.
  6. TonyInGA

TonyInGA Member

As expected, the Diagnostics Check turned up noth'n, and the tech had 0 experience with this happening :mad:. But, it turns out, that the Brake Booster Cont ROL Module had to be reprogrammed.

Once the problem was discovered, the fix was quick. Though, to discover what the problem was, and wait to "hear" back from another dealership, took about an hour.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. David Mc

David Mc New Member

I really like my Bolt. Basically zero maintenance and it should last 20 years. To bad I can't live with it anymore so I'll continue with the buyback process, and never GM or LG again. If I don't get a good option then I'll have to wait on a pack replacement and wonder if the fires will begin again in a few years.

TonyInGA likes this.
  9. TonyInGA

TonyInGA Member

At present, if you wait for another Battery Company, you'll be in for a long wait.

However, given the number of EV Battery fires (both for the Bolt, and Total), the ratio is still very low (less than .001% of all EVs have had a Battery Fire reported).

See https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/ev-battery-fires-in-general.12045/ for more info.

10. David Mc

David Mc New Member

The risk isn't zero and version 2.0 of GM's software isn't likely to be any better since they can't monitor individual cells. LG isn't the only game in town and with passing time more options become available. Coming up on four winter months of 70 miles of range, if the repurchasing dept ever contacts me and has a good offer I'll jump on it. Also complete lack of transparency so we have to hope they stopped the defect production. I would still be on the edge of my seat another few years due to lack of trust.

11. J Schultz

J Schultz New Member

As my first EV I do love the Bolt. It's what I refer to as my "Efficient Hot Hatch". I doubt I will purchase after the lease is up, but I'm loving it for now.

12. To remove this ad click here.