Do 17" wheels fit on the Clarity?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by BeMurda, Oct 17, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. BeMurda

BeMurda Active Member

Hi there,

I'm in Canada and have winter tires on 17" rims that I would like to keep from my old car (2010 Nissan Maxima) when my 2020 Clarity arrives in a few months. I was wondering if the calipers are sized such that 17" wheels will fit.

Cheers

Teslawannabe likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Teslawannabe

Teslawannabe Active Member

CONGRATULATIONS on getting a 2020....
    Sent from my SM-N960U using Inside EVs mobile app

BeMurda likes this.
  4. Mike95465

Mike95465 Member

I just picked up a set of 17” wheels from a 2006 Nissan Altima that I plan on using as my winter set up. I test fit them and verify that the +45 offset and 5x114.3 bolt pattern work and clear the calipers just fine.

I am waiting for my 66.1 to 64.1 hub centric spacers to arrive from Amazon.

I am sure the Maxima wheels should be the same. Although according to this wheel size database, I don’t see the 17” rims except for the Australian market. If it is those, then yes, they will work.

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/nissan/maxima/2010/

215/55R17 would be the tire size I used for my winters.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeMurda likes this.
  5. Raymondca

Raymondca Member

No problem. I used my Honda CR-V's original 17" rims with a set of new Michelin X-Ice Xi3 Tires (215/55R17/XL 98H). It works fine, even better than the original ones.

BeMurda likes this.
  6. Gabriel Gareth

Gabriel Gareth New Member

It is okay. By the way, if you can not install the wheels which does not match your car, maybe you can consider installing wheel spacers.

I had BONOSS wheel spacers on my car for almost 21,000 miles, with no issues whatsoever. They can customize the thickness and data that I want, so that I can install new tires with different data, and the customization time is very fast, just 1~3 days.
    The material of spacers is aluminum alloy 6061 t6, the grade of studs is 12.9 and the grade of nuts is T10. Thay have the 10-year warranty. I am glad that I can buy such good spacers.

If you need it in the future, here is an article which introducing spacers.
    Hope this helps.

7. To remove this ad click here.