Disable Warning At Start?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by poala00, Feb 1, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. poala00

poala00 New Member

During the winter, I often start the car for my wife ten minutes or so before she takes the kids to school. All I need to do is make sure the air temperature is properly set, but I have to wait for the entertainment system to display its lengthy warning messages about the dangers of being distracted while driving. Having seen that message for years now: is there any way to disable it? It's not adding any value after the first couple of times of having read it, and it prevents me from quickly verifying the temperature is correctly set so I can get back into the warm house.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I believe I've read that the nag screen is not something that we can bypass.
    Either drivers get stupider each year, or more likely, companies get more lawsuit fears and believe telling a driver to look at the road will be helpful in proving they are not responsible for stupid drivers. Repeat cycle.

Back to checking the temp and starting the car climate in the morning....
    If you have Bluelink, you can just set the temp in the app as a favorite, then tap it. The car will preheat to your set point.
    Or better, with being at home, simply set scheduled climate temp with a departure time, and the car simply is ready when the kids are heading out. No human intervention needed as long as it was plugged in the night before.

With the -25C mornings this week, I LOVE scheduled climate!

electriceddy likes this.
  4. Yeah...my wife loves the option where the Kona is pulled out of the garage, seat heat on, steering wheel heat on, Climate set at 25C, Fresh cup of coffee sitting in the cup holder, every morning at 6:30AM when she toodles off to work! No Hyundai App can do this! But the "Hubby" App can, available in all 35 year marriages!
    The price I have to pay for retiring 3 years before her! :)
    Mike

glasseye and electriceddy like this.
  5. Hyundai/Kia/Genesis has been showing this warning in their vehicles for years, and people have been complaining about it for almost as long. The chances of them removing the warning at this point are pretty much nil.

electriceddy likes this.
  6. I was distracted by reading the warning screen and ran over my neighbor's cat. Glad it's keeping everyone safe.

7. To remove this ad click here.