Dealer Car Alarm System

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by _James, Sep 20, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. _James

_James New Member

Anyone opted to get the dealer alarm system with their clarity?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. No.

Do you feel that it offers any benefits to the buyer over the factory installed system?

4. _James

_James New Member

To my knowledge, the factory system only goes off when the doors, trunk or hood is opened. Factory system doesn't have shock, glass break, tilt, or proximity sensors, etc.. So for example if someone were to break the windows, the alarm wont go off if you only have the factory system.

5. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Too much electronics that can easily get screwed up.

6. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

Nope. There is practically no demand for Clarity parts and the wheels won't fit other Hondas. So I think our cars are safe. Might be better off spending the money on a 360 degree dashcam with shock sensor.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. _James

_James New Member

The dealer had preinstalled a car alarm on all the cars on the lot. So when i refused to buy the additional alarm system, they disconnected the car alarm brain and left the rest of the wires spliced or t-tapped to the factory cables.

9. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

10. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

Really sad to hear the dealer cut and splice wires to pre-install an alarm system and ruin a perfectly fine car. I found that Honda dealers have a 'green' light to add all these unnecessary accessories to new cars (door molding, nitro filled tires, alarm systems) to make a few extra hundred on each car and I hate it. I don't need any of them and they are basically forcing you to buy it. I bought cars from other brands and they don't add anything or don't add these "mark-up" as liberally as Honda.