DC (Level 3) Fast Charging

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Shawn Schinkel, Jan 30, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Post away! Charging times on different size chargers, winter speeds, and anything else you can think of!

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. tran604

tran604 Member

Last fast charger I used was at 4 degrees c. 50kw charger from 30% to 80%, ramped up to 48kw. around 72% it started ramping down to 37kw down to 26kw. I think it took around 52 minutes. Battery temperatures showed 15 degrees c. near completed charge, battery temps started at 10 degrees c.

4. This makes more sense than the results the guy in this video got. Maybe his charging station wasn't working quite right in the chill. Thanks for posting!

5. tran604

tran604 Member

Charging in -4c weather.
    Battery starting temperature 6c. 45% @25kw. 47% @43kw. 50% @40kw. 54% @27kw. 62% @22kw battery tempature at 13c all the way up to %70. 45% to 70% took 1h 15minutes. Was taking too long and there was another car waiting so I didnt continue. Guess this was the cold gate that reviews were talking about.

6. Burnaby Tom

Burnaby Tom Member

Has anyone used the Greenlots app here in BC for DC charging? I hear it's the one to use but the reviews on Google Play are pretty horrendous. I was hoping to get an unbiased, real life user opinion - or is there a better app? Thanks in advance.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Canada Dan

Canada Dan Member

The DC charger here in Vernon is Greenlots, so I installed the app before trying out the charger a couple weeks ago. Worked fine, no issues. I didn't need the app for anything other than scanning the QR code to get it running though.

Burnaby Tom and Domenick like this.
  9. tran604

tran604 Member

No problems here, using the app more than then the card. The card is hit or miss. I'm on apple so could be different.

10. Burnaby Tom

Burnaby Tom Member

Thanks Dan!
    I installed Greenlots app, found a station not in use & just started my first fast charge. Getting 43 kW, outside temp is 7C, SOC is 38%, Kona says 43 minutes to 80%, 1hr 35 mins to 100%. This is great, thanks Dan & tran604.

Shawn Schinkel likes this.