Daylight running light not working

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by why, Oct 19, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. why

why New Member

I recently noticed that my passenger side daylight running lights are not working. Is there any simple diagnostics I can do before bringing it to the dealership for repair? Will I be able to check for loose wire, etc? Don't really know where to start.

My clarity is over 3 years and not covered by warranty.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Another member had the same issue. The solution was a replacement of the wiring harness, under warranty. Otherwise it would have cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $5000. Maybe more.

With this car, and probably every new car, an extended warranty seems to be a necessity.

4. rreyes

rreyes New Member

Double check to see if they might have extended the warranty on the lights. They extended them to 10 years on the Honda Accord daytime led lights. Might not have enough failures on the Clarity yet though.

5. why

why New Member

Any idea if it is too late to get extended warranty if it is over 3 years bit less than 36000 miles?

6. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

For the OP. I would "google it." and see what you can find. I don't believe this is a common failure mode on Clarity.
    I did see things like (both sides) not turning on if the parking break is engaged for turn off, turn on. But that doesn't cover just one side not working.
    If you have a decent dealer, I'd take it to them and get a quote. I'd also see if they or you can petition Honda. Honda extended the warranty on the AC condenser on the Clarity because it was a common issue.
    Best of luck getting this sorted out.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

AFAIK, Honda Care requires it to be under 3/36K.

9. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

It’s a 12v light. Simple diagnostics for any light would be to unplug it and use a meter to determine if there is 12v at the plug when the lights are supposed to be on. If yes, it confirms the light is bad and needs replacement. If no, the light is probably fine but the wiring and/or computer is not sending power to the light…just take to dealer for sure in that situation. I wouldn’t be surprised if access to the plug for diagnostic requires the removal of some or all of the front bumper cover.