Dashboard

Discussion in 'Model Y' started by papab, Feb 1, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. papab

papab Member

Is the Y going to have the same crappy non-dashboard as the 3? I realize we don't need all the gages in front of your eyes, but a speedo and a power meter would be nice. I think I like everything about this car except the dash.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Use a smart phone with a GPS speedometer and 'heads up' reflector. Alternatively, "scan my Tesla" can be configured to show anything you want. Mount the Android phone where you think the 'instruments' should be.

Bob Wilson

4. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

I've been surprised at the response from Model 3 drivers. They say you quickly get used to the off-center speedometer, and the lack of dedicated instrument cluster.

I expected a lot of pressure on Tesla to provide a heads-up display, and some aftermarket suppliers for the missing instrument cluster. But I haven't seen any reports of either.

"papab", Bob provided some practical alternatives if you think you really can't live without an instrument cluster. But if you're like the overwhelming majority of Model 3 buyers, you'll quickly get used to the Model 3/ Model Y instrument display and it won't bother you after a day or two of driving.

Pretty clearly Tesla does not need to put a traditional instrument cluster into the Model Y. The Model 3 approach is just fine with customers. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

5. papab

papab Member

That's what I would do if I decide the Y is for me. I'd never heard of a heads up reflector, I'll look into that.

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Clarity likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.