Considering a Polestar 2, any owners out there?

Discussion in 'Polestar 2' started by davelab6, Sep 26, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. davelab6

davelab6 New Member

I'm considering buying a new car as I'll be moving from NYC to Colorado next year and currently don't have a car.

The polestar 2 seems like a great vehicle currently available, but I'm struggling to find any actual owner testimonies or comments on them - only marketing stuff and reviews on sites like inside EVs.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I am also considering a Polestar 2. Though I haven't seen any owners on this forum.

However you will find all the information your looking for on the Polestar 2 Forum. From reliability to range in cold weather to towing, etc....

Here's a link: https://www.polestar-forum.com/forums/polestar-2-forum.5/ hope this helps.

If you do get one come back and post your experiences for others who might be interested

ITown likes this.
  4. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

I don't own one but saw my first one at a charger yesterday... 20211109_123841.jpg

5. davelab6

davelab6 New Member

Awesome, https://www.polestar-forum.com is excellent. So far the car is awesome and I'm very happy, Anthony and Jeff at Polestar NYC were really great to work with through the process.

6. So what color and options did you pick. A picture would be nice. My Kona lease is up next June. So I am thinking Midnight with the Pilot pack but not the Plus pack as I prefer a steel roof. I am undecided on the performance Pack. The former racer in me (auto-cross, and time trials) prefers the performance pack, but I could be happy with out it as I was very pleased with my S60. I agree with you the Polestar-forum is one of the best forums I out there.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Norbu72

Norbu72 Active Member

Not an owner yet but I did just put in an order for a midnight single motor with plus, pilot, and 19" wheels. I'm going for max range. Test drove a dual motor with the perf package and it's a fantastic car. Really impressed me.

9. I am seriously considering Midnight with a Pilot and Performance pack when my lease is up on my Kona in July.

Norbu72 likes this.
  10. Norbu72

Norbu72 Active Member

This forum seems pretty quiet. I assume all of the owners are over on the main Polestar forum. Good discussions going on there if you have questions. It will be interesting to see how/when this forum starts to liven up. Need more sales no doubt.

11. Y

I follow both forums. You are correct the other is a lot more active than this one. A number of models, Polestar, Mach-e, Lightning all have more active dedicated forums. I try to participate in as many as I can.

Norbu72 likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. KramMan

KramMan New Member

Void performance pack leather.

Got the car about 6 months ago loaded.

So far this is one awesome car to drive.

Still missing apple carplay and Waze.

But I don't have an iPhone and Google maps works just perfect.

Love it. Here she is.

Attached Files:

ITown, electriceddy and Fastnf like this.
  14. Very Nice. I'm in the process of selling my house once that deal is complete I am going to be looking at picking up a Midnight with the Performance pack and a pilot pack. Every one I know enjoys driving them. I need to schedule a test drive. Been putting it off because it a 4 hour round trip to the Polestar space nearest me.

electriceddy likes this.
  15. ITown

ITown Active Member

I just test drove the P*2 today. Overall impressions, as a Niro EV driver:
    - The "low" regen setting is more than enough for me: "standard" is extremely aggressive braking if you suddenly take your foot off the accelerator pedal. "Low" regen feels almost as strong as level 2 regen in the Niro, but the accelerator pedal is much better calibrated compared to the Niro, so it feels much less jerky.
    - The acceleration is much easier to control compared to the Niro. On the Niro, the acceleration pedal is extremely sensitive, making it very easy to drive in a manner that jerks the car around, unless you manage the pedal very delicately.
    - Like the Niro, pressing the brake pedal can recharge the battery (unlike Tesla)
    - If you press down hard on the accelerator pedal, you really fly. I can't imagine ever wanting a car that's any faster than this.
    - I test drove the Tesla Model 3 / Y a little while ago. I definitely prefer the driving experience of the P*2. (But it's definitely true that Teslas can charge faster and go considerably further on a charge.)
    - I dislike the steering on the Niro - it feels really imprecise. P*2 felt somewhat better, but it still doesn't feel "connected" to the road.
    - I prefer having more physical buttons. The Niro EV has perhaps too many, but I wish there were more buttons/dials on the P*2, for climate and radio tuning. (The only dial is for volume)
    - Smart cruise control felt competent, but didn't spend enough time to know if it's better than Kia's SCC.
    - Visibility feels a bit worse compared to the Niro, but the blind spot monitoring felt reliable.

Fastnf likes this.
  16. Norbu72

Norbu72 Active Member

Update.
    On March 17th, I was able to grab a pre-configured car that is the exact match to my February 19 order. Can't believe my luck. Just happened to be perusing the other Spaces inventory and there it was in the Denver offerings. The Federal govt just released the SMLR cars from the port on 3/11 for US distribution. Again, can't believe my luck. I'm going to get it delivered in just a couple weeks, early April rather than June/July. Perplexed that the Spaces have no agreements between them for transferring/cross selling vehicles. I have to cancel my order with Portland and buy from Denver and they will not talk to each other at all. If you have ordered a car, I advise you to keep an eye on the pre-configured cars offered by the various spaces. Your exact order may pop up and your local space will not know what the other spaces are getting.

Fastnf likes this.