Cold Weather Package

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Jay47, May 6, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Jay47

Jay47 New Member

I purchased a Niro EV that was supposed to come with a cold weather package. However, I noticed that the car does not have a heated steering wheel, that is part of the package. I want to be sure the rest of the package is included (battery heater, heat pump, etc). So, I was wondering if there was someone I could call, or a code on the VIN that would tell me whether it has this. Thanks

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. @Jay47, are you in Canada or the US?

4. brulaz

brulaz Active Member

Don't all Canadian Niros come with the cold weather package?

5. VAgreendriver

VAgreendriver New Member

We’re purchasing an EX Premium later this week, and on the models we’ve looked at, the heated steering wheel comes with the premium launch edition package- not the cold weather package. The cold weather packages we’ve seen (MD) have the battery warmer and the heat pump only.

Domenick likes this.
  6. Jay47

Jay47 New Member

I am in the US. Purchased the car in Bellingham, wa

Domenick likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. RDA

RDA Member

VAgreen, What dealer are you using. I bought mine at King Kia. Very good experience.

9. As @VAgreendriver mentions, it seems the heated steering wheel is not available on the EX, only the EX Premium.

10. Jay47

Jay47 New Member

Thank you Domenick. The dealer sent me an invoice today that shows the Cold Weather Package. We do have the EX trim level.

11. VAgreendriver

VAgreendriver New Member

Herson’s. Talked to King, but at the time they didn’t have any models I could test drive, and then I saw they had started marking up the premiums over MSRP.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. RDA

RDA Member

I looked at hersons also. You can probably get King to MSRP especially if you are using Kia financing. I think hersons makes you buy some sort of protection package for rust, seats, etc. It is $995.00. if you aren't locked in try Hugo at king and see what he can do for you.

14. Zman100

Zman100 New Member

It looks like there are 2 versions being sold at least in WA. The Ex Premium Has a Launch Edition option which includes the Heated steering Wheel. See Window Sticker:
    upload_2019-5-7_20-57-12.png

Wondering why Homelink and the Ventilated seats were removed.
    There 10 EX models at Lee Johnson Kia in Kirkland, WA and the salesperson said they will not charge above MSRP.

15. Zman100

Zman100 New Member

jayc1358 likes this.
  16. RDA

RDA Member

There are two versions of the EX Premium being sold. One has the deleted ventilated seats and homelink. The other version has both. I got the version with both, even though they both are EX Premium. You just have to look around. Kia is not shipping as many with ventilated seats and homelink as they are with the delete package. Could be parts issue, no one seems to know. It certainly isn't because of pricing as it is only an extra $200.00.

17. Rikus11

Rikus11 New Member