Clips won't, clip

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Kevin Smith, Nov 18, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith Guest

Hi guys,

I was tracking down a rattle I had in the back pillar panel, and the bottom clips just will not attach to the bottom trim piece when being put back on.

They aren't broken at all, so I'm not sure what I'm missing. Has anyone taken this panel off and found a trick to get the clips to attach to the bottom trim piece properly? See attached, its the middle two yellow triangle clips.

TIA!

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith Guest

I got it to kind of clip. It's not flush, but it's better than it was. seems like it's not formed correctly, might mention it to my dealer when it's back to them in the spring, see if they replace it.

4. My 2019 began to develop rattles at the first cold snap.

I suspect the problem is different expansion rates of adjacent plastic trim pieces. I'm using 3M double sided adhesive to hold some parts together.

5. Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith Guest

Oddly enough, all the mess with the rear panel trim fixed the rattle lol.

Now to fix the rattle of the drivers window. I have a plan for that.

6. Nothing I have put in the channel has helped my rattling window. I think the guide channel itself is loose on the door frame.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith Guest

Mine is about 5-6 inches forward from the rear upper corner, I'm going to try and put a adhesive felt strip up in the channel and see if it keeps it from hitting whatever it's rattling against.

Asking a dealer to fix a rattle is a battle no one will ever win lol