Class Action Lawsuit launched - Korea

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by electriceddy, Nov 18, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. KiwiME and BC-Doc like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Active Member

Thought this would happen. Wonder how long before one is started in the USA? Car reputation is damaged and the resale is less. Don't think they will get the money and a new pack. But who knows.

4. I am sure the lawyers won't pass up the chance to get rich(er) on this one. And we will pay, one way or another.

KiwiME and electriceddy like this.
  5. I remember the Nissan Leaf lawsuit (owned 2 Leafs), most owners got a $50 cheque and had to wait until the pack reduced to "9 bars" (~ 65 to 70% capacity) to get a newer heat resistant pack as a replacement.
    The class council did way better than the bulk of the owners.
    https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1099200_nissan-leaf-battery-capacity-lawsuit-court-approves-settlement#:~:text=Nissan Leaf Battery Capacity Lawsuit: Court Approves Settlement,-Stephen Edelstein July&text=Nissan appears to have reached,goes back almost three years.

KiwiME likes this.
  6. To remove this ad click here.

7. cmwade77

cmwade77 Active Member

Honestly, by the time I am ready to sell my Kona, it won't be worth much anyway (battery pack issue or not) because by then it will have enough mileage on it that no one would want to pay good money for it....LOL

Kona Bill likes this.