Clarity / Tesla S side views

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by sniwallof, Jun 15, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. sniwallof

sniwallof Active Member

Happened to park next to a blue S today and noticed interesting similar shapes and lines between the side windows and side panels.

I guess some of it is just the shape of a car and aerodynamics, but they are more similar than I realized.

The Clarity definitely has better visibility than both Volts, so I was wondering about the S's visibility. From the pic, I'm guessing it is very similar to Clarity?

(another driver cautious about door dings. Those stores are actually at the end of the rows, most business at the opposite end of the parking lot, we were both at the very end)

Tesla S_Clarity side Windows.jpg

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The Model S is about 3 inches longer than the Clarity (196" vs 192.7") and you're right about the logical layout of both cars' windows.

I always park my aluminum Insight and aluminum-doored Clarity way out in the far reaches of the parking lot. I named the practice "hinterlanding." I once out-hinterlanded a Ferrari! Your parking practices and the fact that my wife and I are watching the British series, "Hinterland," right now made it mandatory for me to chime in.

sniwallof likes this.