Clarity due for oil change in 6 weeks...

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Robert_Alabama, Apr 20, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

Coming up on first service and realized that I haven't had the car back to the dealership since purchase about 10 months ago (other than to remove a kitten that I got with the car). Lucky kitten. Drove the car home about 25 miles on interstate and heard her meow when I parked in front of the house. My wife and I tried for hours to lure her out of the car with no luck. Left the hood up and we would leave the car and come back to find her on the engine, but she would dive back into the back of the engine and hide as soon as we got near. The next day my wife drove the car back to the dealership and they were able to remove one of the maintenance covers under the engine and get to her. Cute tiny yellow tabby kitten, weighing about a pound. We kept her until she got big enough for shots, etc. and then one of my co-workers adopted her. She is one lucky and spoiled cat now. Thought y'all might get a kick of me buying a cat with the car... She was named E-vee by my co-worker. Started to tell her it should be Phe-vee, but she was pretty happy with the name.

Pegsie, MPower, Walt R and 3 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

It must have been a scary drive back to the dealer! Do you have a photo? I'm still fascinated by this photo forum member @K8QM submitted of a groundhog living in the belt-free engine compartment of his Clarity.

upload_2019-4-20_0-46-30.png

KentuckyKen likes this.
  4. Robert_Alabama

Yes, we were afraid to take her back on the trip to the dealer, but she seemed to be moving and meowing a lot less, so we felt like we needed to get some food and water into her. No pictures of her inside the car. I tried to get some with the phone, but you could see less of her than the photo of the groundhog, just a little yellow fur patch.

insightman likes this.
  5. vin seeram

vin seeram Member

Did you report that dealer visit to Consumer Reports? They probably docked a point for reliability. :)

6. Robert_Alabama

Nope. No reporting dealer visit. The sales manager was very apologetic and said they hadn't had this happen before. Of course the little kitten bit the mechanic that caught her to get her out. Not a bad bite, but I am sure he was thinking "I don't get paid for this". We were just happy to get car and cat back home in good shape. We have always had cats as pets, so this was fine for us. We once had a long haired Bengal that would go to the bathroom in the toilet like the cat on "The Fockers". Learned it all by himself. Never a mess or a drop missing the toilet, course he didn't flush. The cat we have inside now is more like a dog than a cat. He greets you whenever you come home, wants to lick you when you are petting him, loves to play fetch, and pretty much follows you everywhere you go.

7. To remove this ad click here.