Chris Wallace does the right thing

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bwilson4web, Dec 13, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Source:

I had caught his Sunday show occasionally and felt he was trying to be a fair journalist. As credible journalists bail on FOX, it becomes the Putin-Carlson propaganda channel.

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Well with CNN's ratings down the tank (even worse than past years), I guess they decided they needed someone from Fox to try and get their old (very old) newsworthy status back. And they lost their top dogs to scandals, and running out of bench strength. Only big dog left there is Don Lemon, and he is battling sex scandals, too. I heard their chief, Jeff Zucker may lose his job, too.

Desperate times at CNN these days... Only die hard extreme leftists still watch them. I switch to it, sometimes for laughs, and can't believe the sour pusses they have on that channel. All they can talk about is Trump and anti-vaxers. Seem to ignore all other real news. Trump appropriately dubbed it the Fake News Network. Today I would add Hate Network, as that's all they seem to talk about. Pretty depressing place...

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
  4. bwilson4web

There, fixed it. The accurate term is 'stovepipe' which means selecting the news you want to hear. It is a variation of "cognitive dissonance":

The state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude change.

‘They often underpin what psychologists call cognitive dissonance - the process of holding two mutually exclusive beliefs without noticing the inherent opposition.’ (https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/cognitive_dissonance)​

Part of the scientific method is peer review and replication by other means of some observation. It takes time and often some understanding of statistics, the math of truth or deception. Sometimes stovepiping makes communications challenging. For example, my Powerbook 140 at the NASA office administering computer resources:

NASA manager, "Nice computer but if you had bought a PC (at the time luggable), you would have everything and money in your pocket."

Stroking my chin, I replied, "Well I do recommend PCs sometimes ... to my competition."​

Bob Wilson

5. Do you ever look in the mirror, Bob? I have seen a lot of left wing wackos on the internet, but none as blind as you. Most left wingers have an agenda, but you just seem devoid of any logical thinking. All I can say, is that I feel very sorry for you. Merry Christmas, and I truly hope that you put aside your hate for this holiday period, and celebrate the season the season with your loved ones and friends.

6. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

I go to their web site. I guess that makes me an extreme leftist.

I also donate to the Guardian, although they often oversell it. So that really must cement that leftist label.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bwilson4web

Daily but not obsessively:
    upload_2021-12-24_12-9-9.png
    Retired engineer, a true propeller head.

Bob Wilson

9. You may be a leftist, but don't seem that extreme to me. But I do believe the extreme leftists watch CNN all the time, and believe everything they say. And have a very closed mind.

To be clear, I don't believe that all people who voted for Dems are extreme leftists. Quite the contrary actually. Many believed that Biden was a moderate (and they didn't like Trump), and are now disappointed with him being led by a few extreme Dems and their staff. But they made a fatal error with their extreme left wing policies which are now backfiring on them resulting in the loss of Manchin's support.

Personally, I always considered myself socially liberal, and fiscally conservative. In BC, we only have two choices for govt, the NDP (more left) and Liberals (more right, party name is misleading). They take turns governing, but neither is extreme. Both support the environment, climate change mitigation, etc. The NDP (currently in power) are not anti-business either, and the Liberals support all the social policies. So there really isn't a big diff here, and voter choice is more about personalities. Also, in BC, our govt was more reasonable with covid clamp downs (with good results) than some of the eastern Canada provinces with conservative govts and severe clamp downs. So in that respect, Canada is very diff than the US.

10. I see more and more liberals are leaving CNN to watch Fox News. More liberals now watch FNC than CNN.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10342591/Fox-News-watched-Democrats-CNN.html
    FNC also has the largest independents ratings. Unless CNN gets some real journalists on board (not just Dem hacks), and starts covering real news, they will become totally irrelevant (although can't get much worse than now). A good start would be to fire Jeff Zucker. He has totally destroyed CNN.