Chargepoint dual charger at work can be a little painful at times...

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Robert_Alabama, Nov 20, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

Charged for about 45 minutes, then shut off, I noticed it had quit and restarted with HondaLink. Charged another 15 minutes and shut off. Restarted again with HondaLink. Charged final 15 minutes to full charge. Just thought I'd share in case anyone else sees similar behavior, they will know they aren't alone. I think it is the charger which causes this. Today, I had to plug it in a couple of times to get it to recognize the car and start charging. Similar behavior last week, but never could get the car to charge beyond 86% as Hondalink wouldn't give me the start charging box after I had restarted it once. This has never caused me to have to burn gasoline, but it is less than optimal at times. I probably should get the dealer to install the charging S.B. at the next maintenance in 3 months. Anyway, I thought I'd share. By the way, the other car plugged into the dual charger was completely charged and taking no power, so I haven't a clue why it waited 15 minutes into the charge to push the output up to the charger limit of about 6.2 kW. Temperature in the parking deck was probably about 60 degrees when this was going on.

upload_2019-11-19_23-22-31.png

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

Robert - You would be an interesting test case.
    This sounds like the classic symptom that 18-097 could address.

Please keep us posted if you do have the update done in a few months.

4. Never experienced this. Been using work ChargePoint as main source for a year. I don’t know if my car had that SB applied.

5. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Looks like SB 18-097 to the rescue!
    It’s not normally installed when you ask for updates or when the dealer does the updates on their own. You have to specifically ask for it by stating that you are having charging problems.
    I’ve been told that this is because Honda will not reimburse the dealer for this unless it’s tied to a charging problem. Let us know if it corrects the problem especially at that same charger.

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Only a dealer's service department can check to see what SB updates have been applied.

7. To remove this ad click here.