charge port door operation

Discussion in 'Kia EV6' started by Terry Williams, May 28, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Terry Williams

Terry Williams New Member

Every time I go to open the charge port door and the car is totally unlocked, it will not open (outside) unless I hit the unlock on the remote again. it is a pain as I have to go back upstairs and get the fob to hit unlock again. Is there a timed feature where you have to push the door to open quickly after you hit the unlock button on the remote? I thought if the car was totally unlocked you could always open the charge port door. Is there a setting somewhere? I know there is a protocol to go thru regarding the smart hatch opening regarding the remote.
    I know about the inside button, but let me tell you exactly what happens. I go down to my car with doors all unlocked and I leave my fob out of range. No matter where or how hard I push the door will not open. I get my fob and hit unlock even though the car is unlocked and it works with ease every time. It seems like a setting or something but I cannot find one even if there is one.

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I suspect the time to unlock feature is ~15 seconds similar to my Kona EV. This is not user adjustable. For safety/security reasons, the charge port cannot be randomly opened when the car is left unlocked and must be activated by the FOB