Ceramic sealer question

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Zipur, Dec 7, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Zipur

Zipur New Member

Has any had long term experience with ceramic coating. Is it really that much better than just wax? I see the adds but can I trust it.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Tailwind

Tailwind Active Member

No long term experience, but I just had my 2020 Model 3 done. Four coats of 9H and one of top coat. The paint surfaces now are so smooth they are smoother than the glass. Also had front end protected with paint protection film (PPF) and windows tinted. It rained yesterday for the first time since that was all done and after 30 minutes in garage, the car was virtually dry. The hydrophobic quality of the ceramic coating is AMAZING. Also, what little dirt that stays on the car comes off with just a quick swipe of a microfiber towel.

I couldn't be happier.

upload_2020-1-11_9-10-1.jpeg

4. briloop

briloop Member

Tailwind, how easy/hard is it to remove bugs from the front part of the car after a highway trip?

5. Tailwind

Tailwind Active Member

Again, no experience with that aspect. The guys who applied the paint protection film and ceramic coating included 2 free car washes and I just had the second one done. Also, since it's winter, there are no bugs to be removed. Ask me again in late April or early May. :D