CarPlay disconnects randomly and reconnects

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by Bommai, Apr 19, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Bommai

Bommai New Member

I can’t believe the Ioniq 5 SEL does not have wireless CarPlay. I would rather have wireless CarPlay than wireless charging. I plug my iPhone into the usb and I see random disconnects from CarPlay. Very frustrating. May be it is a cable issue or may be it is a phone issue but it works fine in my 2022 odyssey. I was sure they would have wireless CarPlay since Hyundai is supposed to be technologically forward compared to Honda and the fact that some lower end Hyundais have wireless CarPlay already. Hmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Crash

Crash Member

I have the same thing happen to me occasionally. I have been too lazy to find another cable, but I will do that at some point.

4. CB675

CB675 New Member

Hyundai and/or Apple has issues with wired CarPlay beyond I5. I have 2020 Sante Fe Limited (no wireless which is ridiculous) and switched usb cables at least 3 times to fix disconnect or random static issues requiring plug and unplug. It always starts acting up at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

5. Bommai

Bommai New Member

That is very unfortunate. I don’t have any problems with CarPlay on my 2022 Honda Odyssey touring except when I use Microsoft teams to attend a meeting while I am driving. With the Hyundai, I have more frequent problems. I will buy a different cable and see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro