Car Play and Routing

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by David Dutton, Oct 8, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Does the Niro support routing in the apple car play map? Which app would I use?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Daiglea

Daiglea New Member

I use Waze

4. Robert Besen

Robert Besen Member

I know that Carplay supports Apple maps, Google maps, and Waze. There might be more that I don't know about. If you use Apple maps you can control it with Siri by pushing and holding the voice button on the steering wheel for a few seconds. Using voice commands with Google maps is a bit tricky to set up but can be done using Apple shortcuts.

5. I'm referring to the latest ios update. Apple maps should now be able to do route planning like a better route planner.

6. Robert Besen

Robert Besen Member

Got it, didn't realize you were asking about the new EV routing feature since I haven't updated to ios 14 yet. Good question, and I hope someone here can answer it.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Obeymydog

Obeymydog New Member

9. Obeymydog

Obeymydog New Member

But maybe some enterprising developer could fashion a solution. Using and OBDII iOS library, build an app that does the iOS Maps and SoC data feed. So if you buy a Bluetooth OBDII adaptor, the app could enable the maps functionality.

However, my guess is that Apple wouldn’t approve it. I would think they would want authentic apps from manufacturers, maybe they even have to pay for a license for this. Ensure reliability and build legitimacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

10. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

. . . and make money . . .