Can't disable Next Departure Time, can't Edit online

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Mattsburgh, Dec 6, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. What fresh hell is this? For the first time ever I decide to preheat the car tonight, so I set it to depart at 7pm and set the temperature to 75 degrees. Worked great. Now, I want to disable it b/c I don't drive on a regular schedule and don't want the car to randomly be heating up when not in use and wasting electricity. The app doesn't let you turn off the schedule AND save/submit! Wth?! And online, the button for "edit" for the Next Departure Time is disabled. I mean what is going on here? This is totally unacceptable.

And before anyone says you can turn off the climate function and save, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the screen where you set the time for departure, if you try to disable the one that is "on" you can't "save" - that's such poor design that I don't trust it to not run something or heat the car even if the climate is turned off - I should be able to turn off the next departure time altogether.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Francois

Francois Active Member

I agree that the app is far from great. However I think that you can solve your issue by turning off the schedule directly from within your car. There is a screen for that in your media system.

Mattsburgh likes this.
  4. Thanks, I was hoping that was the case but didn't have time to try before heading to work today (I don't drive to work) . Going out tonight so I'll definitely try and turn it off in the car tonight.

5. I don't have the app but on the media unit I do find it slightly confusing that once you set a time you cannot return to 'nothing'. It's disabled in the menu one level up.

6. Agree completely. You should be able to delete it altogether in my opinion. I don't even want to see "next departure Thursday 7pm" even if it's supposedly turned off. I want to deselect the day, clear the time, and save.

7. To remove this ad click here.