Canadian prices have been announced and...whoa!

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by Domenick, Nov 4, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Hyundai has confirmed Canadian prices for the Ioniq 5 and they look pretty good.

58 kWh version (354 km/220 miles) Essential trim: CDN $44,999 (US$ 36,121)
    58 kWh version (354 km/220 miles) Preferred trim: CDN $$46,999 (US $37,726

77.4 kWh (498 km/298 miles) Preferred trim: CDN $51,999 (US $41740)
    All-wheel-drive 77.4 kWh (415 km/258) Preferred trim: CDN $54,999 (US $44,148)
    All-wheel-drive 77.4 kWh Ultimate package: CDN $59,999 (US $48,162)

Freight and PDI is an additional CDN $1,825 (US $1,465)

A reminder to American members, the small battery version won't be available in the US. I've added currency conversions just for comparison's sake. Actual US pricing will differ somewhat.

Mattsburgh and electriceddy like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Went on Hyundai Canada website, build for pre-order shows $46,944, $49,144, $54,144, $57,144 and $62,144 respectively:
    https://www.hyundaicanada.com/en/coming-soon/2022-ioniq-5/pre-order

4. Argh, I used the linked Car Guide piece as the source. I'll take a look and see what's going on, thanks for the heads up.

5. I assume the "whoa!" is because you feel they are lower than anticipated?

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. Yes! But I also wrote that before examining the exact contents and seeing that car gets a small battery option in Canada. I was very excited. Still, it looks like pretty decent deals, especially after incentives in both US and some of Canada.

Mattsburgh, ScubaSteve and Wildeyed like this.
  8. pucksave

pucksave Member

Any idea when Hyundai will give us U.S. pricing and availability?

9. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

Seems like the two high-end trims miss out on the Canadian Federal Rebate program since they are above $ 55,000.00. Hyundai are also providing a $500.00 customer loyalty if trading in a Hyundai (which I am). My order is number 30, to be built on Dec. 21. I did receive a good quote on my 2021 Kona Preferred EV so even without the rebate, it seems like a reasonable price for the AWD + Ultimate trim. Edit: Hyundai can't you have a rear wiper for these prices?? I'd pay.

insightman and Wildeyed like this.
  10. Newby4EV

Newby4EV Member

Got a confirmation email from Hyundai Canada for my pre-ordered All-wheel-drive 77.4 kWh with Ultimate package, price is CDN $59,999 + Freight and PDI. They mention a construction date of Dec. 21st and order of priority #121. I don't know what that means, but just to know that the car might be built at the end of the year is pretty exciting. And because the price is under 60K, it will qualify for Quebec incentive of 8000$! Stoked.

Wildeyed likes this.
  11. To remove this ad click here.

12. Just a correction. You don't need a trade-in for the $500 discount. It's a loyalty bonus. You just need to currently own a Hyundai.

ScubaSteve likes this.
  13. It's Dec. 2021 not specifically the 21st. Yes I'm being pedantic. Sorry. :\

ScubaSteve likes this.
  14. Newby4EV

Newby4EV Member

;) yeah you are right! They say Dec-21 so I assumed 21st... but even better, means it might be built Dec. 1st! I am an optimist!

ScubaSteve likes this.
  15. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

As a follow-up about the Federal Rebate, it seems my pricing included the Ultimate "option" which our government does not consider in terms of cost. i.e. the rebate would be applicable. See my calculation below based on official numbers from Hyundai.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  16. I'd love to get some"official" confirmation of that. It's a real question because the AWD version without the "package" is STILL above the $55K cutoff.

17. T&T

T&T New Member

If this can be confirmed, it would be super news for those of us in Ontario looking to get the Ultimate version.

18. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

Here's how I have it calculated based on actual pricing provided by Hyundai:

AWD + Ultimate Package
    Pre-order price including applicable fees is: $62,151
    Confirmation pricing from Hyundai, excluding applicable fees is: $59,999
    Difference is: $2,152 - The actual fees being charged are not part of MSRP

AWD w/o Ultimate Package
    Pre-order price including applicable fees is: $57,151
    Actual fees being charged is: $2,152 - subtracted to determine actual MSRP
    Actual MSRP is: $54,999

This would qualify the highest trim level for the rebate, with the understanding that the Ultimate package is not included in the government's calculation. Confirmed in the tc.canada.ca program that many costs are excluded including a "package." Cheers, Steve

Wildeyed and T&T like this.
  19. T&T

T&T New Member

Great summary. Must be a requirement that car dealers have to include the transportation and fees with the pricing (Tesla does it too) but it’s definitely confusing people initially.

In terms of your understanding that the Ultimate is an option vs a trim - I can’t find that worded anywhere from official sources (though I’m very hopeful you are correct, but curious if other EVs have played similar tricks to game the rebate system)

20. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

From the tc.canada.ca page about the program "Vehicles are still eligible for the incentive even if delivery, freight and other fees (like vehicle colour, add-on accessories (e.g., a roof rack), options, and packages) push the actual purchase price over these set limits." I'm sure electriceddy pointed me to this information.

Wildeyed and T&T like this.
  21. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

Ultimate is a "package" per Hyundai's pre-order and is in the quote I posted.

T&T likes this.
  22. What's next,... wheels will become an optional package?