Canada - AWD Preferred w/ Ultimate package delivery dates

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by Newby4EV, Jan 13, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Newby4EV

Newby4EV Member

Good news! Got an email from Hyundai Canada telling that as of January 10th, my Ioniq 5 AWD Preferred w/ ultimate package has shipped from the plant. Now trying to figure which vessels it might be loaded on and when it will arrive in Vancouver! I was told 3-4 weeks. What do you think? Realistic? Very excited, can't wait to get the car here. I am in Quebec, so there will be a train ride after the sea voyage, but eh it is getting closer to my driveway!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Exactly the same information for my vehicle. I suspect Hyundai need a few more I 5s to fill a container ship before departing Korea. I'm in Ontario and am anticipating late March/early April delivery to my dealer. Covid is still impacting our supply chains. I did the pre-order the first day it opened back in June 2021 and was priority 30. When delayed until January, the priority moved up to 27 but still surprised it was finished so early this month. Cheers, Steve

Newby4EV likes this.
  4. Kona EV deliveries with almost the exact build and shipping dates had dealership deliveries in Eastern Ontario of about end of February. I imagine, barring complications, that your delivery should have a similar timeline. Good luck.

Newby4EV likes this.
  5. Newby4EV

Newby4EV Member

Yes that's what the dealer approximate - end of Feb/early March. Fingers crossed. Trying to find if there is a vehicle carrier on its way from Ulsan to Vancouver, but not easy to figue out!

Domenick likes this.
  6. It seems Hyundai sends out these update emails on a set regular date so they are not entirely accurate to try and base a timeline for delivery. Jan 10 is just the status update date, its quite possible your car could have been on the transport vessel for 1-2 weeks prior to the email being generated. Just sayin your car may come earlier than your think.

Newby4EV likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Newby4EV

Newby4EV Member

Yes I hope so too! But conversely it may be sitting in the huge parking lot at the port of Ulsan waiting for more cars to be built or for a ship to be ready to sail to Vancouver! I hope your more optimistic view is correct! ;)

9. Denis Archambault

Denis Archambault New Member

I put a down payment on the same model last Friday. I also live in Quebec; Keep me posted when you get it. Mine should come in around November-December, but I am OK with that because I still have a year on my Audi A5 lease, so timing is perfect.
    I ordered black, not too sure about the "new wave" colors like lucid blue and teal green, (wish I could see it in person before ordering) and I read that matte paint is hard to maintain, not sure if it is true. What color did you order.

Newby4EV likes this.
  10. Newby4EV

Newby4EV Member

For sure, will post updates here. I had put my deposit on June 2nd, priority order #112. I agree with you about the colour choices! Not great... I am also not a big fan of the blue and teal, and I have a black car now and it's always dirty, even in the summer! So I went with the white. I like the contrast with the grey trims and dark tinted rear windows and sunroof!

11. Denis Archambault

Yes, white is nice also, especially since the windows are tinted and it is a pure white; but don't get your hopes too high on not being dirty. I had a white S5, a black S5, and they both look really dirty in the winter, that's life in Québec. If you want to see a good video on various colors, not all available here, follow this link, the guy is in Korea, but the white is there.

Newby4EV likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Newby4EV

Newby4EV Member

A vehicle carrier ship called Monza arrived at Annacis Island today. It left the port of Ulsan on Jan 6th. Could it be the one carrying the first Ultimate Ioniq 5 to Canada? I have been tracking ships, and another potential one is Iris Ace, which left Ulsan on 17/1 and is headed to Portland (ETA 31/1), which may then head to Vancouver...

14. Denis Archambault

Many dealers have one to test drive, mine even had one in its showroom, AWD black without the ultimate package. Just drove one today, RWD long range. Impressive, drives really well, one pedal (new to me) is cool, lot of technology even if you don't have the ultimate package, driving mode was in sport (did not know when I drove it), not stiffer than my A5 with sport package, but I would keep it in normal for day to day travelling.

He had in is lot (already sold) a black AWD with ultimate package and light grey leather (or synthetic leather, not sure how they call it). Interior was really nice, very bright. I ordered mine with black interior, but I am going to switch to light grey.

15. Newby4EV

Newby4EV Member

Yeah I think there are lots of AWD Preferred, but very few with Ultimate package. I am waiting for mine to be delivered. Was shipped from the factory as of Jan. 10th, so expecting it in Vancouver any day now. Altlas White AWD Preferred w/ Ultimate pkg, grey 2-tone interior. Can't wait to get it! Great to hear you liked the drive!

16. Newby4EV

Newby4EV Member

After following ships departing from Ulsan for a couple of weeks now, I am fairly confident that RCC Passion is the one carrying the next Ioniq 5 shipment to Canada! It left Ulsan on Jan. 13th then stopped a couple of ports handling Kia cars and is on its way, scheduled to arrive in Vancouver tomorrow. Would be consistent with many people posting here that they expect taking delivery of their cars in eastern Canada in mid/late February. https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/RCC-PASSION-IMO-9453107-MMSI-311048200

17. E-Shark

E-Shark Active Member

I could just drive it out for you and save you a couple weeks?!

electriceddy likes this.
  18. Newby4EV

Newby4EV Member

LOL! No thank you! The first person to drive this car, aside from the guys who drive it on and off the ship, is me! Willing to wait a couple weeks for that.

electriceddy likes this.
  19. Newby4EV

Newby4EV Member

Just received an update from Hyundai Canada, as of Feb. 7th your Hyundai IONIQ 5 Preferred AWD Long Range with Ultimate package Atlas White 2022 is in transit to local distribution center. So there is a train making its way east with some Ultimate Ioniq 5 as we speak. The wait will soon be over everyone! Anyone here knows how long it should take to make it to the dealer? I am in QC. If someone who took possession of another trim recently can chip in to let me know how long it was for them I would appreciate.

ScubaSteve and apu like this.
  20. If they follow the Kona EV pattern: about 2 1/2 weeks.

21. Newby4EV

Newby4EV Member

Thank you!

22. Jay1974

Jay1974 New Member

Dealer told me 3 weeks once it reaches Vancouver. The email I got today has my ultimate in black being built in February and #241 in priority. What do you think, May?

23. Not quite ... although I did receive the same email from Hyundai, I'm out of the country down near Yuma, AZ. Dealer knows this and appears I will be test driving my own I 5 some time in March. AWD Ultimate in Lucid Blue. Colour selection is rather limited. Love the colour of my Kona EV.

Newby4EV likes this.