Cabin air filter

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by electriceddy, Jul 26, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. This is so easy to remove , it doesn't need any pictures.
    But if you want them , they are on page 7-17 of the manual.
    (1) open the glove box (the junk will fall on the floor after step 2)
    (2) turn the two little knobs on the sides and remove them ( the glove box will now fall open)
    (3) Behold! in behind and SUPER easy to remove is a black cover ( press the clips on the right side and gently pull open/off)
    (4) remove the filter
    Total time elapsed 3 minutes (no tools , flashlight or body contortions required)
    Thanks Hyundai for getting this right!
    I won't even describe the bugs and stuff I vacuumed out of the filter and the box itself, does a great job.
    Watch out for the fan blades below the holder
    (I forgot which way the air flowed and used a sheet of paper to determine that it flows down, so be sure to point the arrow on the filter that way.
    The OEM part# on the filter is 97133-K4000
    The measurements are 7 and 5/8 " wide by 9 and 1/2 " long by 1 and 1/8 " deep.

Devhead, robxb, Kamloops_KoNa and 6 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Poetnerd

Poetnerd New Member

Does one need to order the Hyundai 97133-K4000 OEM part, or are there aftermarket parts like Wix or Bosch that also fit?
    It looks like some of the aftermarket parts that incorrectly say they fit the DV match the R000 OEM part.

4. Genevamech

Genevamech Active Member

This might be worth looking at:
    https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/looking-for-a-cabin-air-filter-in-canada.9882/

That thread has a link to RockAuto for a replacement that works. Apparently it's not the same filter for the gasoline Kona, which is something to consider to make sure you get the correct part.

5. Poetnerd

Poetnerd New Member

Thanks Genevamech!

I did order a Hyundai part from a distant Dealer, but the wrong part arrived. (They claim a wrong digit on the VIN.) So I redoubled my effort to find a part locally, and have been successful. Here is what I learned:

electricreddy is correct about the dimensions. They're a little easier to track in metric numbers:
    • Length 9.438 in (240 mm)
    • Width 7.813 in (198 mm)
    • Height 1.063 in (27 mm)
    Additional information: The vehicle to search for is the "2019 Hyundai Elantra GT". The Hyundai part number for that filter is 97133-F2000.

Here are equivalents I have found:
    • From my local Advance Auto Parts, Carquest 93955 is the one I picked up today. It fits perfectly. I paid about $35 including tax.
    • Napa lists FIL 230319. I almost bought it but the Carquest was $5 cheaper.
    • K&N Lists an activated charcoal filter of the right dimensions: VF2059 for $44.
    • WIX WP10319 lists the right dimensions as well. The Wix entry offers these other part numbers as equivalent: 97133F2000, CF12058, F2H79AK000.
    • Amazon offers a "Hyundai 97133-F2000"
    Typing that part number into Amazon offered me several choices at different price points, including an activated charcoal one from "Fun Driving" for $12.

I'm new to this forum so I'm not sure if providing links and more details is allowed or not. I hope this information helps others.

Pheonician likes this.
  6. A
    Add the links. Every one does. Not a problem

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. mikeselectricstuff

mikeselectricstuff Active Member

Note the petrol Kona uses a different filter, so some compatibility lists may not apply to the EV

9. Kona Bill

Kona Bill Member

I bought this on Amazon "Fun Driving" replacement for 97133-F2000 for $12.
    It fits perfectly and is indeed a charcoal filter.

Thanks for the input and option list.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    electriceddy likes this.
  10. GPM432

GPM432 Active Member

Rock auto have them as well I think $8.00 each