Build your SE now live for USA

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Lainey, Oct 24, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

SmartElectric, Toi, MichaelC and 2 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

This is fantastic! Thanks for posting it. I've been waiting for it. One thing that surprised me - the $500 alarm system that is not standard on any trim. Is this beyond a 'normal' alarm, or does the car really not have an alarm by default?

It's good to see the configurable extras. (this is not likely what I would order - just playing around in the screen)

EDIT: Also interesting - it looks like it lets you remove the moonroof option, but no reduction in price. :)

US Config Options.png

Lainey likes this.
  4. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

When looking at Minis the alarm system has not been a standard option for me. I opted not to have it on my current or my incoming SE. Never found the need to be honest. I do think it's an active alarm which I do not want myself.

I had heard the delete of moonroof does not lower the price so that wasn't too shocking to see.

I would have loved this to visualize options like wheels better. I wound up going in person to see it all to help decide.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

What's this, then? I thought top speed was 93mph!

Cooper SE Top Speed.png

Lainey likes this.
  6. Puppethead

None of the roof rack options were available when I ordered mine, which was too bad. No sign of the (rear) bike rack preparation still, though.

Cooper SE Roof Rack.png

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. GvilleGuy

Me thinks their nose groweth.

9. GvilleGuy

I was very happy to see that - I am likely to go with the roof rails and racks - assuming you can still open the moonroof with the rails on.

10. Puppethead

Yes, my Clubman S has moonroof and roof rails.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  11. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

My current S doesn't even go that fast o_O

GvilleGuy likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. GvilleGuy

Two questions:
    1) Can someone post a close up photo of the SE side scuttle? (the plastic badging just forward of the side mirrors) I see there are options to put union jacks there instead of the default, but I'm not sure what the default even looks like.

2) Has anyone opted for the Mini all weather mats and do you like them?

14. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

I have these in my current Mini and plan to get the same https://www.shopminiusa.com/PRODUCT/1357/ESSENTIAL-BLACK-ALL-WEATHER-FLOOR-MATS/?gclid=CjwKCAjwoc_8BRAcEiwAzJevtd5C0vFPumoc26_OvHw30Kz8Ill7Mxn7R9y_zw2l5dc0zO0Mz0Mt3xoCNXMQAvD_BwE

GvilleGuy likes this.
  15. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Here's the side-scuttle on my SE:

upload_2020-10-24_17-9-29.png

I look forward to the answer about the mats, I don't like that the WeatherTech mats I just received have holes for the carpet-locating posts that MINI has replaced with Velcro patches.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  16. GvilleGuy

Interesting that the pricing via the shipminiusa site is $250 for front and rear mats, and ordering in the SE configurator is $140 for front and rear.

17. GvilleGuy

Excellent - thanks for this. I think that looks great - I don't mind the little yellow SE touches like that.

18. insightman

Does MINI's driver's side mat protect the dead pedal? It doesn't look like it does, and that's a priority for me. I'm going to return my WeatherTech mats that just arrived because they have holes for locating posts my MINI doesn't have.

I like the 3D MAXpider mats I bought for our Clarity PHEV because they cover the dead pedal. So I'll probably get a set of these:

upload_2020-10-24_17-25-39.png

GvilleGuy likes this.
  19. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

It does not. So since that's important, I'd go with the ones you found

On the shop mini site I see the essentials for $70 for the front and $54 for the rear. Where are you seeing $250?

I get emails for sales on shopmini now and then which is how I bought my last set so I'll look for one or see if they'll throw them in for free.

20. GvilleGuy

My bad @Lainey. I must have had a 'cookie' for that site from a previous visit - I just checked the cart and it had two full sets in there! So the pricing is okay.

Lainey likes this.
  21. Tommy Electric

Tommy Electric Active Member

Well. Looks like I'll be playing with this website until mine arrives. 6 months never seemed so long...

Lainey likes this.
  22. Puppethead

I have the all-weather floor liners from MINI, which are like the WeatherTech. I actually kept the ones from my 2015 Hardtop when I traded it in for the SE. They fit perfectly.

Floor-Liners_901.jpg

23. insightman

I'm stating the obvious, but they meant 150 kilometers per hour, which equals 93.2 mph.

Has anybody other than @Matt Shumaker tested the top speed of their SE? Matt reported he hit 95 mph.