Build you Own - Now working for 2022 SE

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by TripleD, Apr 23, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. TripleD

TripleD Active Member

Hey Guys, little late for us, but I just checked and it appears the website Miniusa has been updated to handle 2022 :)

Domenick, Chicago and GvilleGuy like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Texas22Step and TripleD like this.
  4. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

It seems to be missing a lot... Does it even have the electric collection trim? I can't find it as an option...

5. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

I looked in a few places. Cannot build an Electric Collection. Does not show options for things like mirror caps like I got.

Otherwise, it does give the same logic I had for things like Piano Black exterior is mandated for Iconic trim.

Maybe that’s just for a start.

6. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

Also, it now confirms what is additional on the Iconic Trim:

Selection of premium leather upholstery
    Active Cruise control
    Piano Black Exterior Trim
    Parking Assistant
    Headliner in Anthracite
    Alarm System

It lists Premium H/K Sound, but lists that under Sig + also.

I guess the stuff above is worth $3K. The leather seats alone are about $1700, I think I saw. And the Alarm, $500. So... choice of Enigmatic Black, choice of Roulette spoke wheels, Active Cruise Control and Parking Assistant worth $800? I guess so.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

I just "built" a Signature Plus and was able to add the Active Cruise Control and Parking Assistant for $500.

9. Chicago

Chicago Member

Although low resolution, I appreciate the 360 interior view of the exact interior configuration I ordered. Assuming I leave my armrest up, is there a small bin just in front of the cup holders and below the infotainment circle that will hold my iPhone mini & garage remote or am I seeing things?

10. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

Yes, there is storage next to cup holders. It held my iPhone XS Max. Second photo shows armrest lifted and the storage spot there, which is where I keep my sunglasses case.

F2008184-CE63-43E5-9271-14AA0A279F7E.jpeg

D2101949-7B2D-45AA-BADC-FF7EA7CCFDD6.jpeg

Texas22Step and Chicago like this.
  11. Chicago

Chicago Member

Thank you!

GvilleGuy likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Enigmatic black body color, power spoke wheels, and wireless charging are also still restricted to Iconic. But you don't find that out until you try to add them to a lower trim level.

Also the head-up display seems to be default on all trim levels now. I think that's kind of weird, but I guess MINI doesn't think of that as a premium feature anymore?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  14. CuriousGeorge

I had to add it to the Signature Plus I built, but I don't recall what the up-charge was.

ETA: $500.

I think any confusion may have arisen by the fact that it does say "default" by the "+", but you actually have to click that for it to become a checkmark and the head-up display to be added to your car.

15. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

I highly recommend the HUD. Very well done. I hardly look down at the main display.

16. TripleD

TripleD Active Member

Believe the ACC and PA Package is $750. Black leather is $500

17. Puppethead

Oops, you are correct. I was messing around changing trims and the build site must not reset things properly. I tried a fresh build signature trim and the head-up display was a $500 add-on.

I also searched all over for the Electric Collection and no mention of it anywhere I could find, does that mean it's not offered in the US? Or it's a secret build option? If you go to the MINI UK build site it's a prominent option (separate trim level).

18. CuriousGeorge

Sorry, you're right, I must have been thinking of the HUD.

For me personally, I'm not sure the ACC and PA would be worth it. I rarely parallel park, and although I use my ICC (inactive cruise control) a lot of the time, even on surface streets, few are the occasions in which ACC would be all that helpful.

19. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

With this set of options, you can get a base Signature and add ACC and a HUD for $1250. But you are locked into one set of wheels, interior and upholstery.

They don’t have any accessories or port options yet.

20. TripleD

TripleD Active Member

I'll tell you, I was a computer programmer for my entire career and if I had done the Build website, I would be very ashamed. Majority of upgrades do not have the icon ! for an upgrade. The system just issues a popup that you are being upgraded to next higher package. A properly design build would show the selection is only available on higher package (ie Sig+ or Iconic) and the amount for selecting that choice.
    Sure hope they are better at building the car than the website.

Texas22Step and insightman like this.
  21. Puppethead

The old build site behaved like that, much clearer what the options were.

22. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

I'm just curious if anyone knows if I can offer up my Black Jack Mirror Caps for sale on this site, or if that's frowned upon.

23. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

People are selling things on the InsideEVs Clarity forum--there's even a sticky thread at the top for buying and selling used Claritys.

Does anybody need a Moonwalk Grey MINI bonnet? Used only 1 week! The only problem with it is the presence of a bonnet scoop. I made a wheeled cart to move the giant box around so I can roll it out from behind our Clarity in our tiny garage whenever we want to drive it. However, the Clarity rarely gets driven since the SE arrived.