Bolt Future Production Question

Discussion in 'Bolt EV' started by Almost Green, Jan 11, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Does anyone think the anymore new Bolts beyond existing parts inventory will be built? I'm thinking that due to required time (months) required to replace all battery packs in over 200k already built Bolts that by that time the design will be at least 5 yrs old and with the negative publicity surrounding this recall and the fact GM has the Ultium platform coming out, will just decide to pull the plug.

Dan Andrews likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

Yes, I think they will start production again. Try to find an EV to buy. There isn't that many available, certainly not under $35,000.

The bottle neck is at the dealerships where the replacement is done.

Anyhow what are they suppose to do with the current battery plants that make the Bolt battery if they don't make more Bolts.

Almost Green likes this.
  4. Barter1

Barter1 New Member

It was announced that production will restart in May

5. rgmichel

rgmichel Active Member

Chevy would be a bit foolish not to make anymore Bolt EVs. Having driven my 2017 Bolt all these years, and now obtaining an increased range with the new battery, I can honestly say that its an absolutely wonderful car that has a real place in the market. With the battery replacement there is nothing wrong with it. The EUV is disappointing due to its relatively sluggish performance, which is a bit of a shame, and the new Bolts have been denied features that are now in the EUV.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    GetOffYourGas likes this.
  6. To remove this ad click here.