Bolt EV Resumes Production

Discussion in 'Bolt EV' started by ITown, May 23, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ITown

ITown Active Member

https://insideevs.com/news/578028/chevrolet-bolt-ev-euv-production-resumed/
    Late on posting this article, but GM resumed Bolt production on April 5th.

There's a reason I posted this today though - a few hours ago, I drove past a truck that was hauling a bunch of Bolts to the Stevens Creek Chevrolet dealership in San Jose :)

Looking forward to seeing more of the updated Bolt on the road!

GetOffYourGas and Nebula like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

California residents can sure use them.

4. GM must have had a stock pile of these waiting for chips or batteries. They are suddenly appearing at our local dealers here, too. This is mostly the only EV you can buy here now.

5. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

The Bolt is still arguably the best value EV you can buy. I wouldn’t be surprised if the wave of fancier EVs leads to more Bolt sales. Cars like the Ioniq 5 and MachE turn heads towards EVs. But the value of the Bolt is then a huge draw! And if they are really the only ones readily available, that’s one more feather in the cap.

I sure hope to see a bunch more on the roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

SameGuy likes this.
  6. Well, you can't get the other ones. So Bolt is not just best value, but the only EV you can buy, at least here in Canada.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. GetOffYourGas

Here in NY, there are EV6’s and Leafs sitting on lots to be sold. They don’t sit long, but you can get them if you are ready to jump.

9. That's because you have ADMs down there, we don't.

10. GetOffYourGas

I don’t know what you mean by ADM. I looked it up and I have no idea what food processing has to do with anything ;)

“The Archer-Daniels-Midland Company, commonly known as ADM, is an American multinational food processing and commodities trading corporation founded in 1902 and headquartered in Chicago, Illinois.”

But seriously, what are ADMs?

11. Additional Dealer Markups.

GetOffYourGas likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    While I patiently await my Cooper SE (a car which suits my needs), my buddy put $500 down as a deposit on a Bolt EUV in mid-April, without having road-tested one. I guess they are indeed trickling onto lots in Canada as well, because in the past week we’ve gotten calls from three dealerships in the region informing us they finally have house demos to drive.

We visited a store about midway between his house and mine (about 25 miles each) today and he got to drive an LT with leather seats for about 22 miles on a variety of roads.

My buddy walked away impressed, and reassured that he made a good choice for his needs, and is chuffed that he got in the queue a month ago. He’s hoping they ramp up production now, and the car arrives at the shorter end of the salesman’s estimate (anywhere from six to 18 months).

14. ITown

ITown Active Member

If you don't factor in the $7500 tax credit, I completely agree on being the best value EV. With the tax credit, I feel like there are a few other contenders like the Niro + Kona EV. That's assuming no dealer markups though - which is definitely not a safe assumption around here, at least for the Korean cars.

The Bolt - I haven't checked out since they refreshed it. I have no idea if they're marking them up right now in the area.

GetOffYourGas likes this.
  15. NoJacketRequired

NoJacketRequired New Member

I'm in the YOW area... We had one dealer which had both a Bolt EV and EUV. They sold both but kept advertising like they had both still on the lot. All done to try to draw people in to place an order for a vehicle they had never seen let alone sat in nor driven. My wife has a mobility impairment which makes it mandatory for us to do a "fit check" to see if she can even get in the car. Buying a car right now is a no-go - it's bad enough with ICE vehicles, while with EV's that seem to be vaporware it's impossible.

SameGuy likes this.